View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Game Design 1
The Los Angeles Film School
Create 3 levels for your Maze Game
Each maze level should have a unique puzzle in it. Remember that a puzzle
is a fun obstacle with one right answer.
Save your Maze Game as an EXE file
Write a Puzzle Analysis document.
Describe each of the 3 puzzles on each maze level and answer the following
questions about it:
○ Goal: How do you make the goal of the puzzle easily understood?
○ Start: How will players know how to begin solving your puzzle? (Do the game
instructions need to explain it, or is it self-evident?)
○ Familiarity: Does your puzzle act like something they’ve seen before outside of your
game? If it does, how do you draw attention to the similarity? If not, how do you
make players understand how your puzzle behaves?
○ Enticement: How does your puzzle draw players in and make them want to solve the
○ Progress: How does your puzzle give a sense of progress in the game?
○ Solution: How do players know that your puzzle is solvable? What hints do you give
about the solution?
Answer these additional questions about your overall game:
○ Progress: What does it mean to make progress in your game? What progress is
visible, and what is hidden?
○ Difficulty: How do you increase the difficulty of puzzles from level to level in your
○ Parallel Challenges: Are there bottlenecks in your mazes where players cannot
proceed if they cannot solve a puzzle? If so, what parallel challenges do you give
them to work on?
○ Pyramid Structure: Is there a way that all of your puzzles can feed into a singular
challenge at the end.
Create a subfolder with your name in the “Assignment 2” Dropbox
folder and place the following files.
Present your game to the class in Session 3 and discuss your three
maze levels and their puzzles.