Game Design 1
The Los Angeles Film School
1. Write a Playtest Report for your game today:
Summarize your playtester’s findings in your own words about these topics:
○ Elevator Pitch
○ Core Mechanic
○ Interface and Controls
List the changes you will make to your game based on these changes.
2. Create a new version of your prototype:
Implement the foundational changes you determined you needed to make
based on your Playtest Report.
Implement the following structural elements:
3. Write a Structure Document for your game answering the following
○ Ultimate Goal: What is the ultimate goal of your game?
○ Intermediate Goals: List the intermediate goals. Describe how they will be concrete,
achievable, and rewarding.
○ Set Up: Describe all of your starting conditions and action
○ Progression: Describe the ongoing procedures after your starting action.
○ Resolution: Describe all the conditions that brings gameplay to a close
○ Objects: Describe all the rules defining objects in your game.
○ Restrictions: Describe all the rules that restrict the player’s actions
○ Effects: Describe any rules that can trigger effects based on certain conditions.
Resources: List all the resources in your game.
Conflict: List all the sources of conflict in your game.
Outcomes: Describe the possible outcomes in your game and how they are
4. Save the following into the Dropbox
“Assignment 8” folder:
1. Deliver your revised Prototype to the class
for playtesting in Session 9.