For each ellipse whose equation is given below
(i) Write the equation in standard form
(ii) Determine the lengths of the major and minor axes, the
coordinates of the verticies, and the coordinates of the foci.
(iii) Sketch a graph of the ellipse.
The Standard Form for the Equation of a Hyperbola
Horizontal Orientation Vertical Orientation
• numerators have different
• have the same terms orientation
• both equal 1 • numerators have
• both are differences opposite signs
• both have same denominators
• both have square binomials
• (h, k) indicates center
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.