7. Sustainability features - bedzed Design Energy Water Conservation Water treatment Materials Maintenance Waste Community Access, Equality & Diversity
8. EnergyKW -
9. Solar ThermalTubesWood pelletboiler
11. Via verdeBronx, new yorkGrimshaw Architects and Dattner Architects
13. New housing new york
14. sustainable, mixed-income housing project in the South Bronx designed byGrimshaw Architects and Dattner Architects.
15. “We wanted to have the greenness grow out of the architecture. We oriented the complex so that the height of the buildingssteps up from south to north, bathing the entire site in sunlight. That stepped form became the origin for the series of greenroofs that also recapture the landscape lost by constructing the buildings."
17. Mixed uselow-income middle-income
19. Ground floor plan N
20. TYPICAL floor plan N
21. GARDEN TOWNHOUSE
23. TOWR APARTMENTS
25. leed goldNew york state energy research and development authority (nyserda)
26. Both projects reflects a commitment to a new kind of sustainability -not just theenvironmental sustainability of green roofs and compact fluorescents but also thesocial and economic sustainability that can only result from housing with a mix ofincomes and uses.