• More personal than LinkedIn.
• BUT, use the “coffee room chatter” test.
Profile – Personal v. Professional
The writing is on the wall
• What you write on your own Wall shows up on your “Wall” on your
Profile page. It also shows up in your friends’ News Feeds.
• If you are friends with Jane and write on her Wall, your post will show
up on her profile for anyone to see (depending on her privacy settings).
• It also shows on your page that you wrote on her Wall.
• If a third party knows you both, then they will see your “Wall to Wall”
• If you don’t have your Privacy settings set to “just friends” anyone can
see what you wrote on your wall.
• If you write something on a friends’ wall and they don’t have their
privacy settings set, then anyone can see it.
• If you write something on a company “Page” it’s public.