1. Success for All Learners Implement initiatives and quality programs that prepare children to be successful learners.
2. Power School in thePark West School Division
3. Teaching – is the second oldestprofession to occur behind closed doors………… -Tim Mendel
4. We must be aware that data/statistics taken out of contextcan be an ISSUE………the best way to manage the data/rumour mill is for us to manage it……..
5. It won’t be perfect – BUT!• Teachers can put (4,000 characters approx. 2-3 pages) of the assignment itself/ synopsis of every task/test in their grade book.• They can also make links to web pages/rubrics/help files/the whole assignment if it is a large one on a wiki or web page.
6. The Future of School – Home Communication???• Parents will not have to wait for Parent’s Day to know what is going on in their child’s classroom• Parent’s can’t say they weren’t informed – All parents will have on-line access to their child’s attendance and grade book 24/7• The system will also forward attendance and grade book data to a parent’s Smart Phone on a scheduled basis• Bulletin Board for Home and School
7. PowerSchool is one of the bestprograms available at this time, that can actually do…… Outcome Based Assessment Only SIS endorsed by Ken O’Connor
8. Mb Divisions Presently Using Power School Rolling River School Division GARDEN VALLEY SCHOOL DIV 26 INTERLAKE SCH DIV 21 SAINT JAMES ASSINIBOIA SCHOOL DIV 2 SWAN VALLEY SD 35 LORD SELKIRK SCH DIV 11 BORDER LAND SCHOOL DIV CALVIN CHRISTIAN COLLEGIATE SAINT PAULS HS
9. On Line Traininghttps://powersource.pearsonschools ystems.com/home/main.action