1. My 15 Best Ideas for Teaching The New Literacies of Online Reading Comprehension and Learning Donald J. Leu New Literacies Research Lab University of Connecticut email@example.com
2. What was it like when the bookfirst appeared? New Literacies?
3. 1. “Borrow” good ideas and Google these key words: 4th grade classroom home page 1st grade classroom home page Get connected to online resources.
4. 2. View Online Videos of NewLiteracies in the Classroom:Use Annenberg for in-house PDwww.learner.org http://ctell.uconn.edu/canter/canter_video.cfm
5. 3. Use Starfall.com for earlyreading development
6. 4. Use Read Write Think at AllLevels
7. 5. Use Internet Workshop as AnInstructional Model Videos
8. 6. Use ePals, or another free,student safe email package
9. 7. Teach the reading comprehensionskills of locating information
10. 8. Teach critical evaluation
11. 9. Help the last become first throughsocially mediated learning.
12. 9. Help the last become first throughsocially mediated learning.
13. 10. Explore the potential ofWikipedia
14. 11. Explore the Use ofVoiceThread (voicethread.com)
15. 12. Try Out Ideas from InternetReciprocal Teaching Phase I: Teacher-led Instruction in Basic Online Skills Phase II: Problem-based Learning of New Literacies Skills Phase III: Internet Inquiry
16. 13. Use Internet MorningMessage of the Day
17. 14. Use a Blog Mary Castle’s first grade blog http://michellesmelser.blogspot.com/ Mr. Thompson’s second grade classroom blog http://gcs.infostreamblogs.org/tthompson Mary Kreul’s 4th grade class http://mskreul.edublogs.org/ Mr. Monson’s Grade 5 Blog http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blogger_id=59644 TAS Grade 3 ESL http://grade3esl.blogspot.com/2008/08/welcome-to-20082009-school-year.html
18. 15. Use Wordle To Bring Print Alive
19. Remember:Keep a patient heart and helpothers on their journeys.