Key motivations for explorationhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/duncanh1/8718761372/
Intro to distance (short)
DUNCAN WILSON – INTEL ICRI CITIES – @DJDUNC – WWW.CITIES.IO - SUSTAINABLE CONNECTED CITIES
DATA AS MATERIAL – FOCUS ON THINKING
LONG DATA – SCHOOL AS PLATFORM
COMMUNITY DATA – SHARED EXPERIENCES
DISTANCE --- DEMONSTRATING AN INTERNET OF SCHOOL THINGS - A NATIONAL COLLABORATIVE EXPERIENCE
WHAT IS PROJECT DISTANCE?
Project Distance offers every school in the UK the ability to measure and share data in
a way that
- helps to make science fun,
- links directly to the curriculum,
- helps to inform the design of the next generation of schools,
- incentivises UK businesses to enter a market worth £500 million a year, and
- better prepares children to work within the digital economy.
The three key requirements are:
- development of internet-enabled data logging equipment and analytics software
- development of new types of lesson plans and digital learning resources
- creation of an information hub in the cloud using an open-source and infinitely
scalable API platform (Xively).
Funded by TSB “Internet of Things Convergence” competition.
DEMONSTRATING AN INTERNET OF SCHOOL THINGS - A NATIONAL COLLABORATIVE EXPERIENCE
DEMONSTRATING AN INTERNET OF SCHOOL THINGS - A NATIONAL COLLABORATIVE ECO-SYSTEM