Many years ago, people used to gather in town squares, discuss their lives, purchases, work etc. The town crier used to be the man to tell them what was going on and ‘ head to the blacksmith for offers ! ‘These days people gather on social media. We need to be the town criers , deliver our message , our brand to social media. With GLOBAL REACH
So what types of content are needed as part of a social media strategy ?
Social media for business
by danny williams
“ A brand is no longer what we tell the
consumer it is – it is what consumers tell
each other it is. “
Proctor and Gamble CEO
“Our head of social media is the customer”
who is social media for?
• Social media used to be for the kids!
• Today, huge brands are embracing social
Facebook – 1.26 BILLION users
Twitter – 500 MILLION users
Google+ - 343 MILLION users
LinkedIn – 238 MILLION users
Flickr – 87 MILLION users with 8 BILLION
The town square
• many years ago, people used to gather in town
squares, discuss their lives, purchases, work etc.
• the town crier used to be the man to tell them what
was going on and „” head to the blacksmith for offers
• these days people gather on social media. you
need to be the town criers , deliver our message
, our brand to social media. With GLOBAL REACH
If this is where the people
are, this is where your town crier
needs to be.
where your message needs to
what are the benefits?
• Build relationships / Networks
• Lead generation
• Bring together a community of interest
• Establish industry credibility
• Drive information
• Improve SEO
( Search engine optimisation)
social media and SEO
• Facebook posts and Google+ posts are
indexed by Google search engines
• Social signals, brand signals are all
• Questions and answers – Google is
leaning towards more question based
listings - this is down to voice searches on
tablets and mobile devices.
social media is a tactic in your
this ELEE and GARTH!
social media essentials
• Social media guidelines for all
• Social media strategy
– Clear outcomes
– Clear content and delivery strategy
• Automation (to be used sparingly)
• Service 1st
– How can you help others
• Earn the right to promote
without great content there is
NO POINT in engaging in
• Advanced content – manuals, video
• Blog / website content
• Videos / webinars / from the MD
• Images / infographics
• Plugins / apps
• Press releases
Look at a strategy / plan
Identify campaign approach (deliverables)
Conversation – personal
Other‟s content (retweets / shares)
Client news and activity
Timely news and industry news.
what content should be distributed?
Industry specific content
• This should be consistent across all
channels with key messages and
• Audience relevant
Whilst remembering to:
• Be informative
• Provide feedback
• Provide support