2. ACTIVITIESIn the primary sector, people obtain resourcesfrom nature . The main activities of the primarysector are: Farming , stockbreeding and fishing.Other jobs are mining and forestry.
3. CROP FARMINGThe number of people working in crop farminghas declined. However production has increaseddue to modern farming techniques . Are twomain types of crops in Spain:IRRIGATEd CROPS :these crops need a lot of water inorder to grow. They include :lemons , oranges andtomatoes.dRy CROPS :these not need much water in order to grow.They include olives, grains and wheat.
4. STOCKBREEdINGStockbreeding involves different animals .Pigs are veryimportant . Poultry (aves) farms provide us chicken andeggs . Cows are important for dairy products(productoslácteos) and meat . Sheep provide us with meat and aswool. Extensive farming gaze over large areas of land.Mainly restricted to cows and sheep.
5. MININGNot many people are employed in mining inSpain. A wide variety of materials are mined ,such as coal (carbón), zinc , mercury , granite ,marble (marmol) and slate (pizarra).
6. FISHINGFishing is still an important part of the primarysector in Spain. There are two reasons for this:Overfishing : When too many fish are caught ,has reduce many species.Restrictions : On fishing areas at sea have been,by European and international policies.
7. SECONDARY SECTOR
8. WATCH IS THE SECONDARY SECTOR?The secondary sector transform raw materialsinto manufactured products.Industries in thesecondary sector include: Factory work ,theconstruction industry , etc …
9. THE CONSTUCTION INDUSTRYConstruction is one of the most importantactivities in the secondary sector. Theconstructions industry carries out private andpublic works.The construction of housesbelongs to the private,the building of road,bridges and tunnels are public.
10. MAIN INDUSTRIES IN SPAINSeveral industries are very important in Spain.Include :the food industries,car manufacturingand the metallurgical industry etc…Technological industries,include factories thatproduce electronic products and computercomponents.
11. TERTIARY SECTOR
12. SERVICESThe tertiary sector is also called the service sector.They offer us such things as trade (comercio),health,education,tourism and transport.
13. TRADETrade is the buying and selling of products.*Domestic trade means buying and sellingproducts within a country.*Foreign trade means buying and sellingProducts to and from other countries.Imports are products which we buy from othercountries. Exports are products which we sell toother countries.
14. HEALTH AND EDUCATIONHealt services are provided in hospitals,clinicsand healt centres. Most of these services arepublic and are run by the government throughthe Social Security System.Education services of primary, secondary and universityeducation. The government provides free, compulsoryeducation in primary and secondary schools. Private schools alsoprovide primary and secondary education.
15. TOURISMTourism is very important for Spain. It leads toThe creation of many jobs in construction, asWells as in hotels and restaurants.Most tourists visit Spain in summer to enjoy theBeaches and the sunny climate.
16. TRANSPORTWe need transport to go from one town toanother. Foreign tourists and businessmen alsouse transport services when they visit Spain.Transport is also essential for movingmerchandise.Passengers and merchandise travel by road, rail,sea and air.
17. OTHER SERVICESOther important services are:*Financial services. Banks*Public services. Rubbish collection and streetligthing are provided by the government or thelocal council.Other services, such as legal services,telecommunications and electricity, areprovided companies.