1. Questions & Answers About Divorce Frequently Asked Questions About Divorce presented by Lee Ray http://www.edivorcepapers.com/
2. Questions & Answers About Divorce Top 10 Divorce Questions and AnswerQ. What are the reasons for a divorce?Ans: 1. The spouses have lived separate and apart for at least one year; or 2. The spouse has committed adultery; or 3. There was intolerable physical or mental cruelty. Q. What is "marital property?" Ans: Marital property consists of all jointly-titled property as well as all other property, other than separate property, acquired by either or both of the parties from the date of the marriage through the time of the final separation.
3. Questions & Answers About DivorceQ. Is it necessary to file for a divorce to get custody andvisitation?Ans: No. When the issue is custody and/or support, you can file apetition with the Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court in the countywhere the child or children live. Q. What are the different types of custody? Ans: 1. Sole custody. 2. Joint custody. 3. Shared custody. 4. Split custody.
4. Questions & Answers About DivorceQ. What is spousal support?Ans: Spousal support, also referred to as alimony, is money paid by onespouse to the other due to the payee spouse’s loss of the benefit of thepayor spouse’s income due to the divorce. It is provided to lessen thefinancial impact of divorce on the party who is less financially independent Q. Once the divorce is finalized, can I resume use of my former/maiden name? Ans: Yes, however a motion and an order must be filed with the court at the time the final decree is submitted for entry. The judge will endorse the order, thereby approving the resumption of your former/maiden name.
5. Questions & Answers About DivorceQ. What happens at an uncontested divorce hearing?Ans: Questions are asked of you and a witness concerning themarriage and separation. Your attorney will attend and the hearingrarely runs over 15 minutes.Q. What is "separate property?"Ans: Separate property is property owned by one party prior to themarriage, property acquired after the parties have separated, inheritedproperty and/or gifts to one party from a third person.Q. What is child custody and visitation?Ans: Child custody refers to which parent will have legal custody ofthe child(ren), i.e., with whom the children will live. Visitation refersto the non-custodial parent’s ability to spend time with the child(ren).
6. Questions & Answers About DivorceQ. Would I be entitled to a portion of my spouses retirement?Ans: Yes, especially if you have been married for more than 10 yearsand do not have a retirement plan for yourself.Q. How much time does it take to get a divorce?Ans: The divorce certificate usually takes approximately 60-90 days forsimple (uncontested) divorce claims and can take several years forcontested (more complex) divorce claims.