McDonald's India is an employer of opportunity, providing quality employment and region. long-term careers to the Indian people. The average McDonald's restaurant employs more than 100 people in 25 different positions – from cashier to restaurant manager. McDonald's world class-training inputs to its employees can be seen in the present close to 2000 employees currently in Mumbai and Delhi.
Limited menu, fresh food, fast service and affordable prices have been the pillars behind McDonald’s success in India. Intense competition and demands for a wider menu, drive-through and sit-down meals - encouraged the fast food giant to customize product variety without hindering the efficacy of its supply chain
McDonald’s in India
Objectives of promotion & strategy
Target Segment and Positioning
Types Of Restaurants
• Famous marketing campaigns
• McDonald’s is the global fast food giant.
• Founded in 15 may 1940 in CALIFORNIA
• Founders –RICHARD & MAURICE
• Ronald McDonald introduced in 1963
• Ray Kroc gives the idea of franchising.
• 31,000 restaurants in 119 countries
• Serves 47 million customers every day
• Employs more than 1.5 million people
McDonald's in INDIA
• Entered in India 1996
• McDonald's India is a 50 – 50
partnership between MCDONALD’S
CORPORATION (U.S.A) and two
Indian businessman Amit Jatia and
• 90% of McDonald's business is owned
and run by independent franchisees in
• Actively Involver in many social activities
like CHILD EDUCATION, PULSE POLIO
Objectives Of Promotion
•Key objectives of McD’s promotion
strategy were to, “ Get them in. Trade
them up. Get them back ”.
• Get Them In : To make consumers
step into McDonald’s restaurant.
•Trade Them Up : To shift the
consumers to McDonald’s core
products like Burger with cheese,
McChicken Burger, Fillet-o-Fish,
•Get Them Back : To increase
the frequency of visit by making
the McD’s brand experience.
More beverages & change in menu
Target the two and three tier cities
Introduction of a new low calorie healthy
•Hamburgers, Chicken sandwiches, French fries, Soft
drinks, Breakfast items and Deserts.
•Mc Donald’s also offers salad and vegetarian items,
wraps and other localized fare
Target Segment and Positioning
• McDonald’s was positioned as a
• Extra care has been taken to make
the restaurant children-friendly.
• McDonald’s targeted both Sec
children & adults, because no other
company targeted kids quit
• Focused on Price Penetration.
• In 1998 McDonald’s had achieved
sufficient level of success, on their
offerings & then educated customers
about their core strengths.
• Their main focus is on Service, hygiene,
TYPES OF RESTAURANTS
• Mc Drive are the type of which provide drive
through services and offer no counter service or
• Special theme restaurants also exists, such as the
Solid Gold Mcdonald’s, a 1950s rock-n-roll themed
Mcdonald’s introduced Mc Cafe a café style
accompaniment to Mcdonald’s restaurants in the
style of Starbucks.
Mc Express are the type of restaurants which are
located in shopping malls.
• There are three main objectives of
advertising for McDonald’s are to
make people aware of an item, feel
positive about it and remember it
• Television has always played a central
role in the company’s advertising
• The company makes significant use of
Bill board and Signage, Sponsors,
Sporting events ranging from little
league to olympic games.
Focus more on electronic media
• Ads talk about emotions,
family ties and fun and all
these have high legal appeal .
• They don’t use print media.
• Among all the competitors
McDonald’s is the leading brand
• Ranked as the 8th best employer
• Ranked the best fast food chain of
• Ranked the 8th healthiest fast food
• Ranked 2nd for customer satisfaction
• He appeared on Supersize me, is
listed in Guiness Book of World
Records, and has a movie called Mc
VARIOUS OTHER FACTS SHOWING
POPULARITY OF MCDONALD’S
Fast food nation, book by Eric
Supersize me, a documentary
film by Morgan Spurlock.
McDonald's video games are
also launched in the market.
Some other documentary films
on Mc Donald’s are Maxime,
Mc duff and Mc do.
The marketing mix is a term used to
describe the four main marketing tools
• and the place through which products are
sold to customers.
• Product is the physical product or service
offered to the consumer. Product includes
certain aspects such as packaging,
guarantee, looks etc.,
• It dropped ham, beef and mutton burgers
from the menu. India is the only country
where McDonalds serve vegetarian menu
• McDonalds continuously innovates its
products according to the changing
preferences and tastes of its customers
• The place mainly consists of the
• It is important so that the product
is available to the customer at the
right place, at the right time and
in the right quantity
• McDonalds offers hygienic
environment, good ambience and
• Delivery services are also
• This is the most important part of the marketing
mix as this is the only part which generates
• McDonald’s came up with a very catchy punch
line “Aap ke zamane mein ,baap ke zamane ke
daam”. This was to attract the middle and lower
• McDonalds has certain value pricing and
bundling strategies such as happy meal, combo
meal, family meal etc to increase overall sales
• McDonald’s does its
and bus shelters. They
use print ads and the
are also an important
marketing medium for
Some most famous marketing campaigns of
• “I’m loving it”
• “ Aap ke zamane mein ,
baap ke zamane ke daam”.
• “You Deserve a break
today, so get up and get
away- To McDonald’s”
• “Food, Folks, and Fun”