GOALS FOR FULL FILE REVIEW
Bowker has a process for regular reviews of each publisher feed.
The goals of the full file process are:
• Ensure that we have the most up-to-date data for all
publishers/distributors, including price and status
• Update our Publisher Authority Database to list the
appropriate distribution clients and imprints for
• Identify issues with the format of metadata coming in
the data feed
• Discover any issues with the processing of your data
• Ensure Bowker is capturing all data supplied, such as data
in other text composites and sales rights
• Update the title status to “out of print” where necessary
By completing this process, Bowker affirms that we have the
most recent information on your titles. It’s important to send
current and correct data to our customers, such as Barnes &
Noble, BooksaMillion, Hastings, Booknet Canada, Apple, and
other retail, school, and library customers.
1. Each publisher will be contacted at the start of the process.
Depending on your title counts, you will be scheduled to
send a full file 1 to 4 times during the year. We ask that
you submit full files containing all of your print and ebook
titles. We will provide a naming convention for the files.
Before loading the full file, Bowker will supply our
Publisher Authority Database record for your review, in
which we note your distributors, your distribution clients,
your imprints, and subdivisions.
3. Once you have sent the file and it has successfully run in
our database, we will send you back an Excel report of any
ISBNs that were not touched by your full file. We ask you
to look through the report and let us know which ISBNs
can be marked “out of print” or “publication cancelled.”
4. In addition, we will send you the ISBNs that are missing
other key data fields such as price, cover images, and
Contact us with any questions or concerns:
630 Central Avenue • New Providence, NJ 07974 • USA • 888-269-5372 • www.bowker.com