2. Kinetic Energy*Energy in motion*The energy that an object has because of itsmotionExample There are two people riding a roller Coaster. Their hands are way behind there heads. This shows that the Roller coaster had kinetic energy, or “it was very fast”
3. Potential energy*Stored energyExample This picture is showing a man holding a bow and arrow. He is trying to aim at the target. He is holding the bow and arrow and pulling while holding the string. He is creating potential energy. Then he will fire it and Hit the target, which made kinetic energy.
4. Nuclear energy*energy that is released either by splitting atomicnuclei by forcing the nuclei of atoms togetherExample This picture is showing how uranium is made. Uranium can explode. The colorful smoke is from uranium which is nuclear energy.
5. Electrical energyEnergy of electrical charges as a result of theirposition or motionExample The electrical outlet in the picture makes electrical energy by plugging fans, laptops, phone, tablet ,and other electrical devices.
6. Chemical energyEnergy stored in the arrangement of atoms andmoleculesExample When the match is struck, it burns and the chemical energy in it produces heat energy and light energy.
7. Gravitational energy*is the energy associated with the gravitational field.*The release of gravitational energy by matter fallingtowards a massive black hole is the only processknown that can produce such high powercontinuously. Stellar explosions –supernovas andgamma-ray bursts – can do so, but only for a fewweeks.Examplethe weight that youpush down createsgravitational energy
8. Sound energy*is the form of energy associated with the vibrationor disturbance of matter.*Sound waves require some kinds of materials totravel throughExampleA guitar has soundenergy becausewhen you strum the strings, it it makes sound.
9. Mechanical energy*is the sum of potential energy and kinetic energyExamplewind power into mechanicalenergy to generateelectricity at wind farms
10. Thermal energy*Energy due to the motion and arrangement ofmolecules in a substanceExample Thermal energy is the energy a substance or system has related to its temperature, i.e., the energy of moving or vibrating molecules
11. Energy transformationEnergy transformation is a change of energy from oneform to another.Example The differences of the two light bulbs is that the one on the left was off, and the One on the right is on. The energy change from “off” to “on”, or is called potential Energy to light energy.