1. 1) Generally, do you know which countries colonized by who and what are their purposes?2) What are the impacts of the colonialization?1) What can we do to solves the recent problems in certain countries which colonized?
2. 1) Make a group of 4 which contains 2 counterpart pairs2) Imagine the pion is the colonized countries; RED= UK BLUE= FRANCE SMALL GREEN= Netherlands GREEN Horse= Spain GREEN CANON= Portugal
3. 3) Put the pion into the part of the continents which they colonized4) Part of the continents are: NORTH AMERICA CENTRAL AMERICA SOUTH AMERICA NORTH AFRICA EAST AFRICA SOUTH AFRICA ASIA OCEANIA5) Discuss it with your group about the colonizers and the colonized country and SHARE what you think in the BIG GROUP!
4. #1: Generally, do youknow which countriescolonized by who and what are their purposes?
5. UK FRANCE SPAIN NETHERLANDS PORTUGAL
6. Angola Indonesia Asia Japan Brazil MalaysiaBengali Middle East China Mozambique Guine Persia India
7. BC, Canada Colombia USA Ecuador Mexico PeruGuatemala Bolivia Honduras Paraguay Belize Uruguay Panama Argentina Costarica Chile Venezuela Philiphines
8. USA Chile Suriname IndonesiaSouth Africa India Carribean
10. Australia Haiti IndonesiaHongkong Cuba MaltaUSA New Zealand MauritiusCanada Tahiti SychelleCarriebean Marshall Island Saint LuciaJapan Micronesia South AfricaIndia Palau AlgeriaBangladesh Oman NepalPakistan Mexico Sri LankaJamaica Sierra Leone SingaporeGambia Guinea-bisseu MalaysiaLiberia Niger Madagascar’Suriname Guadaloupe ThailandGuinea Martinique BahrainGibraltar Dutch Antilles South AmericaDominican Republic Trinidad&Tobago
11. #2: What are the impacts of the colonialization?
12. Colonized come & Take Control -> TakeRaw Material -> Export Raw Material totheir country -> Process it into ‘object’ ->Sell the ‘object’ with the cheaper pricein colonized countryLocal product is more expensive ->Fabric closed -> Unemployment ->Poverty -> Agriculture -> Colonizers takethe good agriculture -> Folks still POOR
13. Local LocalEconomy Impossible Fabric to do EXPORT CLOSED (HIGH TAX: 30%-80%) They are not UN- the OWNER of their RAW EMPLOY Material MENT
14. DICTATOR STYLE Colonizers The bring the GovernmentBAD system and of politic Colonizers COOPERATE
15. Brainwashing Separated of the with their indigenous origin family people Loose the The culture colonizers because change thethey have to way of life of follow the the local majority people
16. 2500 years ago -> Approximately 35.000 Micmac and Malecite live in NS, NB, PEI, Gaspesie (Their land: 100.000 km2)1497 = John Cabot come1524 = France come, Pro MicMac1621 = Scottland established1628 = UK come, FIGHTING!1631 = Processed, France WIN, Expel Scottish1654 = UK1667 = France1690 = UKMicmac sick, die, population decrease1718 = War between Micmac + UK1754 = UK win, expel Acadian people
17. 1) Make 2 Group2) 2 Micmac, 2 French, 1 Scottish, 3 UK3) Create the scenario as you were in Nova Scotia, 16th Century4) Choose your: Language, Politic System, Economy, Culture5) Perform It!6) Discuss the impact!!
18. #3 What can we do to solves the recent problems in certain countries which colonized?
19. ARE THERE ANY COUNTRIES THAT STILL COLONIZED THE WORLD??
20. WHAT ABOUT... CHINA? USA?CAN YOU SEE THEM EVERYWHERE?
21. Australia (Nicole Kidman) Life is Beautiful Rabbit Proof Fence Avatar Conquistador (documentary, tv series) Ines of my soul (book) Out of Africa The Mission