● a new feature introduce with HTML5.
● a protocol providing full-duplex communications
channels over a single TCP connection.
● still being standardized by the W3C.
● implemented on Chrome 14, Firefox 6, Safari 6, Opera
12.10, Internet Explorer 10 and above.
Internet was so boring like this :)
Early days of the Internet?
What made the Internet more dynamic?
● around 2005 Ajax make it more dynamic.
● but it needed user interaction or periodic polling to load
● comet – was around since 2000 but was not so popular.
● around 2006 it's become more popular and used by
gmail, AOL, yahoo and Microsoft.
● disadvantages and more info about Comet: