1. Cyber bullying<br />By Michael Joyette and Royce Fabila<br />December 3, 2010<br />
2. Table of Contents<br /><ul><li>What is Cyber Bullying?
3. How does it work?
4. Types of Cyber bullies
5. Megan Meier
6. How can we help stop Cyber Bullying?
7. Interesting facts and Statistics</li></li></ul><li>What is Cyber Bullying?<br />
8. Definition<br />When the internet, cell phones or other digital devices are used to send or post text or images intended to hurt or embarrass another person.<br />Cyber Bullying has always been considered an incident/act involving minors unlike Cyber Stalking which is between adults. <br />
9. How does it work?<br />Proxy <br />Definition<br />Direct Attacks<br />Definition<br />Types of attacks<br />
10. Proxy<br />Is using others to help cyber bully the victim, either with or without the accomplice's knowledge.<br /> Example: Notify and warning wars. <br />
12. Types of Cyber Bullies<br />The Vengeful Angel<br />The Revenge of the Nerd<br />The Mean Girls<br />The Because I Can<br />
13. Megan Meier<br />
14. An example of Cyber Bullying<br />Who is Megan Meier?<br />On MySpace became friends with a boy named Josh Evans.<br />Josh Evans started to harass her through MySpace.<br />Committed suicide by hanging.<br />After Megan’s death it was found out that it was a former friends mother that was behind Josh Evans. <br />
15. How can we stop Cyber Bullying?<br />What can a teen do to stop Cyber Bullying?<br />What can parents do to help Cyber Bullying?<br />What can public institutions do? <br />
16. Interesting Facts and Statistics<br />20% of teenage respondents of a U.S survey seriously thought about suicide.<br />All forms of bullying are associated with increased suicidal ideation.<br />Cyber Bullying victims more likely to attempt suicide than those who have not experienced it. <br />
17. Interesting Facts and Statistics(Part 2)<br />
18. Summary and Conclusion<br />Digital communications has made it easier for people to be anonymous and still have access to reaching to a large global audience. Due to this anonymity it is easier to deceive individuals, especially those who have a hard time socializing in the real world.<br />Cyber bullying is a major problem that can no longer be ignored by people. Everyone has a part to play in stopping Cyber bullying, spotting it is the first step.<br />
21. References cont’d<br /><ul><li>Legislative Assembly of P.E.I. Standing Committee on social Development.(March 9, 2010). Motion 14 Cyberbullying and violence prevention among youth. Retrieved November 30, 2010 from www.canadiancrc.com/PDFs/PEI_Cyber-bullying_leg_09MAR.pdf
22. Karen S. Headle(n.d) Cyberbullying. Retrieved November 30, 2010 from http://lee.iafs.ufl.edu/FCSPubs/What_is_cyberbullying.pdf</li></li></ul><li>Thank You<br />Are there any questions? <br />