1300+ titles 19 subject areas Prestigious journals Society Titles Valued at $1.3m+ Access to content 1997 - 2010 And, free trial to new launch titles in Vols. I & II
Reduce Shelf SpaceReplace damaged, worn or incomplete content19 Subject areas providing online convenience to content from 1996 back to Volume 1 issue 1.Satisfy users who demand convenient e-format and instant accessibility
All authors whose manuscripts are accepted for publication in one of our iOpenAccess journals have the option to make their articles freely available to all via the journal's website for a one-off fee. Authors selecting the iOpenAccess option will have no embargo restriction on posting their version of the published article to any institutional or subject repository. Where appropriate, we will also facilitate the deposit on behalf of authors into PubMedCentral.
Introducing Taylor & Francis Online – we have designed a new logo for an impressive service.We are changing to Taylor & Francis Online because we listened to our customers! We talked to various customer groups, including librarians, editors, authors and society partners to get feedback on what you felt about the informaworld name. The consensus was that a name that more closely relates to Taylor & Francis Group and our imprints would be preferable to informaworld, and when alternatives were put to customer vote, the favourite was Taylor & Francis Online.Comments from librarians on the new name include:“Nice and simple, and tells the story...”“Changing the name to Taylor & Francis Online would make it easier for students and librarians to remember.”
Based on feedback from researchers, registration has been simplified from 20 fields to 5 in March/April 2010. This graph counts literally the number of registrations per month. If you are already an institutional account administrator, then your details will be transferred to our new platform. Your password will remain exactly the same, but we will be changing your username to your email address to make it easier for you to remember. If you have your own account and an institution account, please contact Customer Services to link your accounts.
Helping researchers evaluate contentWith graphical abstracts and first page preview to help you quickly understand the relevance of an article and links to what others have read, you can read strategically – saving time and concentrating your energies on the resources most relevant to you. Find articles read and cited by others in your field analytics on content – how many people are downloading this article, what else did they read? Keeping up with peers – “make sure you do your strategic reading!”
Discoverability is a core component of any publishing platform and our technology partner has a great reputation for search engine optimisation. We want the web site to talk to our users by helping researchers evaluate their discoveries.Taylor & Francis Online is optimised to allow users to discover content via major search engines including Google, Google Scholar, Bing, Yahoo, and Navar.We also work with major library solution vendors including Serials solutions, TDNet, OCLC, Ebsco and Ex Libris to populate their knowledgebase's, facilitating your link resolver and search and web-scale discovery helping you to keep your library catalogue updated.
Checking the factsMany of our editors want to search by page numbers and we will enable this on all our journals, not just a select fewAs now you can download citations, create a short list...
There are 2 types of multimedia:1. Supplementary multimedia which is part of the primary content2. Associated Multimedia which is not part of the primary content but associated with the journal for marketing purposes, and intended to add value e.g. Podcasts and vodcasts.
Knowledge on the moveOur new mobile service will allow you to access knowledge, no matter where you are, via our iPhone, Android and Blackberry apps. On that morning journey to work or when you need a quick reference in a seminar, our expert knowledge will be available at your fingertips.At launch we will have something similar to this – our technology partner released this app in October 2010 for their client Annual ReviewsAll journals will work on iPhone, Blackberry and Android which covers 68 % of the market for smartphoneThis will enable you to work wherever you are: in the lab or on the train you can access your entitled contentThe interface is optimized to allow browsing, reading and searching – making the most of the small screen using HTML 5You can read full text but our research says this is not really necessary so most likely abstracts, flick through and see what’s newYou can integrate with Facebook and Twitter, email a friend, save your favourites. We are also looking into integrating with the iPad and iStoresThis has a custom animation to show the flow so hit the cursor 3 times And that usage will count as part of the Library Counter Reports....Very important Last year we had our Drive for 25, in 2011 that theme is “Making Usage Count“ our mobile app will pair with the institutional /personal account so we can count the usage across all routes to content Taylor& Francis just won an award in our group for “App of the quarter”
In the short term, informaworld continues to offer access to:Education AbstractsErgonomics AbstractsWomen and Gender AbstractsABESSociety portals for:Regional Studies Association Liquid Crystals Today Occupational & Environmental HygieneThese products are remaining on informaworld when we launch Taylor & Francis Online. They will be migrating to our new platform eventually, but we wanted to focus on getting the functionality right for all of our products and could not do this all at once. You will still be able to manage your Abstracting & Indexing and Bibliographic databases on informaworld as normal, and we will send you notice once we are ready to move these to Taylor & Francis Online. Access to Journal and Reference Work content will solely be available on Taylor & Francis Online from launch – we will not be parallel hosting these products on both sites. Users will still need to visit informaworld to access content from T&F’s Abstracting & Indexing and Bibliographic Databases as they will not be available on Taylor & Francis Online at launch.
1. T&F Online Journal Solutions<br />
2. Overview<br />About Taylor & Francis<br />Publications<br />Online Journals Solutions<br />Journal Libraries <br />Online Archives<br />Coming next month…. www.taylorandfrancis.com<br />
4. About Taylor and Francis<br />Established in 1798 when Richard Taylor launched “Philosophical Magazine”<br />Building on two centuries' experience, Taylor & Francis has grown rapidly over the last two decades to become a leading international academic publisher. <br />A global business headquartered in Philadelphia and Oxford (UK) and with 20 offices worldwide, including Singapore, New Delhi, Melbourne, and Beijing<br />Taylor & Francis Group publishes more than 1,300 journals and around 3,000 new books each year, with a books backlist in excess of 20,000 specialist titles.<br />Taylor & Francis Group is an Informa business.Informa plc is the global information provider for the academic, professional and commercial markets.<br />www.TaylorandFrancisOnline.com<br />
5. Publications<br />The Taylor and Francis Group has grown to publish more than 1,400 journals. Our growth has come organically as well as through acquisitions.<br />CRC Press <br />Psychology Press<br />Routledge<br />Carfax<br />Frank Cass<br />Marcel Dekker<br />Transaction<br />Scandinavian University Press<br />Gordon and Breach Publishing<br />Lawrence Erlbaum & Assoc.(LEA)<br />Haworth Press<br />Heldref Publications<br />www.TaylorandFrancisOnline.com<br />
6. T&F Online Journals Packages & Libraries<br />Helps libraries facing budget constrictions<br />Deliver increased access to essential journals and other relevant materials<br />Preserve access to current content<br />Maintain and control costs<br />Provide significant price protection in future years<br />www.TaylorandFrancisOnline.com<br />
8. Our Mission<br />Provide high quality peer reviewed content that answers the content needs of universities and their patrons at every stage of their academic career.<br />www.TaylorandFrancisOnline.com<br />
9. Access via Several Platforms<br />T&F content is available across several platforms<br />Informaworld/Taylor & Francis Online<br />JSTOR<br />EBSCO Databases<br />Serving customers and end users at every stage of their academic career<br />Students<br />Faculty<br />Researchers<br />www.TaylorandFrancisOnline.com<br />
15. Prestigious journals & Society</li></ul> Titles<br /><ul><li> Renowned Editors</li></ul>400+ are listed in the Thomson Reuters’ Citation Indexes/Web of Science®. <br />Anthropology & Archeology, Arts & Humanities, Behavioral Science, BME, Criminology & Law, Education, Geography, Planning, Urban and Environment., Library & Information Science, Media Culture & Comm, Politics, International Relations & Area Studies, Public Health & Social Care, Sociology & Related Disciplines, Sports, Leisure & Tourism, and Strategic Defense & Security Studies.<br />www.TaylorandFrancisOnline.com<br />
18. Prestigious journals & Society Titles</li></ul>70% ranked in Thomson Scientific Journal Citation Reports®. <br />Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, Computing & Tech, Environment & Agriculture, and Mathematics & Statistics<br />Includes: Philosophical Magazine, Earth Sciences, Advances in Physics, The American Fisheries Titles and soon the American Statistical Association’s journals along with many others.<br />www.TaylorandFrancisOnline.com<br />
24. Access to content 1997 - </li></ul> 2011<br /><ul><li> And, free trial to new launch titles in Vols. I & II</li></ul>www.TaylorandFrancisOnline.com<br />
25. T&F Libraries Deliver<br />Quality Content<br />Answers institutional need for peer reviewed, scholarly material<br />Variety<br />Supplements and complements current holdings and satisfies multi-departmental content needs<br />Robust Backfile<br />Access to current material as well as relevant historical content from 1997 to current date<br />Peace of Mind<br />Digital preservation via CLOCKSS, Portico and Dutch National Library<br />Cost efficiency<br />Price protection on current holdings and online access to > $1.3m + of journal content<br />www.TaylorandFrancisOnline.com<br />
29. Developing World Initiatives<br />Taylor & Francis Group is committed to the widest distribution of its journals to non-profit institutions in developing countries. <br />Through agreements with worldwide organizations, academics and researchers in more than 110 countries can access vital scholarly material, at greatly reduced or no cost.<br />www.TaylorandFrancisOnline.com<br />
30. Commitment to Open Access<br />iOpenAccess<br />Hybrid author-pays model<br />NIH Compliant <br />Post to Pub Med within one year<br />585+ journals participating journals (http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/authors_journals_iopenaccess_journals~db=all)<br />www.TaylorandFrancisOnline.com<br />
31. Coming June 2011...<br />www.TaylorandFrancisonline.com <br /><ul><li> Automatic redirects from Informaworld
32. Existing Informaworld accounts will transfer automatically
33. IP addresses, Athens, Shibboleth details will be migrated.
34. Simple, faster more intuitive searching
35. Sushi and COUNTER 3 compliant usage statistics</li></li></ul><li>Clear & Simple Registration<br />If you are already an institutional account administrator, then your details will be transferred to our new platform. Your password will remain exactly the same, but we will be changing your username to your email address to make it easier for you to remember. If you have your own account and an institution account, please contact Customer Services to link your accounts.<br />
36. Quickly Review & Evaluate Content<br />Graphical Abstracts Quickly identify whether a paper is relevant <br />‘Others also read’... <br />
37. Enhanced Discoverability<br />• Taylor & Francis Online is optimised to allow users to discover content via major search engines including Google, Google Scholar, Bing, Yahoo and Navar<br />• We also work with major library solution vendors (TDNet, OCLC, Ebsco and Ex Libris) to help keep your library catalogue updated<br />
38. Fact checking <br />For multiple articles, download a citation or add them to your shortlist<br />Hyperlinked references <br />Page numbers on the issue list for a journal <br />