A Comprehensive Report
Setting a Base Camp
Assessment SurveyNetwork of Locals
Our Major challenges
Constant rainfalls and landslides.
Small and far flung villages.
Disrupted roads in already tough terrain.
Very large scale devastation,requiring long term
A total of 225 truck-loads of material reached Uttarakhand so far..
In the initial phase, reached the cut off areas even through mules and
Regular medical camps organised, reaching medical aid
to cut off areas..
Cloth for Work:
Dignifying Relief Work
More than 400 development activities so far..
30 X3.5 ft bridge Village Seku,
Developing a bridge at Village Naugaon
Women taking lead in cleanliness activities
Marking the damaged parts of the road for safety.
Making bridge at Vill. Naugaon, Sangam Chatti
Cleaning of Pond in Vill. Ginoti
Making of Dustbin in Vill. Bongadi
Making of safety wall in Village Jakhol
Pandals (Tent House): Established 19 so far
Some unconventional approaches..
Summary and Future Plans
• In last two years Goonj has successfully reached over 600 villages with relief material
and much more.
• In phase 1, relief material was reached to cut off areas and medical help was provided by
supporting medical camps.
• In phase 2, comprehensive Winter kits were given as a reward for various Cloth for work
activities, extensive work was done to improve the condition of schools and aaganwadies.
• We will be continuing the support in terms of labour kits to the Migrant labourers.
• Menstrual hygiene has been an important area of work, since the very beginning and
much more work is planned in the same field.
• Employment was generated for women, through Sujni centres, stitching and knitting
centres as well as by setting up 3 major Goonj’s offices and processing centres.
• In future apart from carrying forward all these activities, Goonj is also planning to focus on
Solar energy as a solution to the village problems.
• Also planning to address the acute need of constructing toilets and repairing damaged
GOONJ (H.O.)- J-93, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi- 110076
Write to us- email@example.com , Web- www.goonj.org
For the detailed report of initial Phase, please refer