is TDD DEAD?
Software Architect | Agile Coach
2. TDD: Missing the Point!
3. System Natures
Process / workflow Rules / Assessment Algorithmic / Calculations
Data Driven IO Driven Network / Latency
Analytics Visualization Validation / Startup Utilities / Catalog / Reference
4. System Natures
5. Wrap up!
• What's matter is the system natures
• That’s will define the most likely key design and architecture
• All this will in fact driven the design, arch and language selection
• Some Languages and tools are better for one thing than another's
• Comparing TDD with Rails and Java is pointless
• Kind of system you built with rails is different than the ones in java it should be
• There are cases for engineering and there are cases for over-engineering
• Startup X Enterprise
• It will always have balance in the system and natures with N-Natures
• You can kill or remove tests or TDD but when it make sense do Tests/Design
you gonna need something else to replace it otherwise you are just reducing
not being lean at all.
• There are better ways todo TDD like Rich Hickey Design approach but there is a
context for that.
• The are lack of argument and vision IMHO
• Both DHH and Fowler/Beck are right to me, but also blind in some sense
• Rails is focused on productivity as a ruby extent for most of cases
• Performance/Complexity and productivity are different concerns
• The one who focus in doing everything is screed since some things are going
into different directions.