View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
The @ briansolis Conversation Prism is just a fraction of SM. It's a starting point. Go to each & search your org for conversation. #cprs2009 9:18 AM Jun 8th, 2009 It's the listening that separates SM experts from SM theorists. #cprs2009 9:16 AM Jun 8th, 2009 Who owns social media? Every dept of an org does - they must all socialize. BUT PR has to be the resource centre for everyone. #cprs2009 9:14 AM Jun 8th, 2009 No one is better at communicating in social media than communications veterans. SM is just a tool. Still just conversation. #cprs2009 9:05 AM Jun 8th, 2009 Conversations have been happening since the beginning of time. Social media now allows you to find them. @ briansolis #cprs2009 8:56 AM Jun 8th, 2009 From @ briansolis Press release is over 100 yrs. Officially it still sucks. #cprs2009 8:54 AM Jun 8th, 2009 from Twittelator BRIAN SOLIS @ 2009 CPRS NATIONAL CONFERENCE
Enhance the newsroom & news releases to be more social media friendly.
Build on blogger relations.
Continue to build an active presence within the social media community.
Expand current social tools and seek other opportunities with social/technology trends in mind.
Encourage a blogging format for content being created within our team and in other departments.
Establish benchmarks and measurement methods to inform future social media strategies that meet business objectives.
TEN SOCIAL MEDIA TACTICS 1. Create content even when you don’t get the call. www.nait.ca/44782.htm www.youtube.com/techlifemag
2. Provide and repost content. communities.canada.com/edmontonjournal/blogs/eatmywords/archive/2009/12/16/de-boning-a-turkey.aspx twitter.com/NAIT/status/6802914579 TEN SOCIAL MEDIA TACTICS cont.
3. Address other unexpected social media opportunities. www.flickr.com/photos/nait TEN SOCIAL MEDIA TACTICS cont.
4. Post once and have it feed to multiple sources. TEN SOCIAL MEDIA TACTICS cont. www.nait.ca/newsroom www.nait.ca/socialmedia www.twitter.com/nait www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1413867&trk=myg_ugrp_ovr www.techlifemag.ca
5. Make social media part of the story. www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTGViXjN8Fk TEN SOCIAL MEDIA TACTICS cont.
6. Whenever possible reuse content and post elsewhere. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avro_arrow www.techlifemag.ca twitter.com/NAIT/status/6669267608 TEN SOCIAL MEDIA TACTICS cont.
7. Always be looking and ready for opportunities. www.edmontonjournal.com/news/NAIT+workshop+aims+prevent+school+shootings/2133163/story.html TEN SOCIAL MEDIA TACTICS cont.
8. Tailor content and make it convenient for bloggers. TEN SOCIAL MEDIA TACTICS cont.
9. Involve many colleagues and create a similar brand for your channels. www.twitter.com/NAIT/naitaccounts www.nait.ca/facebook TEN SOCIAL MEDIA TACTICS cont.
10. Co-brand your personal presence with your organization. TEN SOCIAL MEDIA TACTICS cont. www.twitter.com/kvern
FIVE LESSONS 1. Be a real person. www.twitter.com/nait
FIVE LESSONS cont. 2. Be willing to poke fun at yourself. www.connect2edmonton.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=122600#post122600
FIVE LESSONS cont. 3. Don’t get put off by swearing.
FIVE LESSONS cont. 4. Face-to-face interaction is just as important as online. www.twitter.com/edmontontweetup