1. WELCOME TO THIS ONLINE PHONOLOGY CLINIC I Course Designer & Tutor: Prof. Diana Martínez Salatín E-mail: email@example.com Skype ID: diana.martinez.salatin
2. <ul><li>TOUR </li></ul>
3. Step 1 Log in
4. Step 2 Type in your username and password.
5. Step 3 Select your course.
6. Step 4 The clinic is divided into modules. Feel free to click on them and to take a look at the activities. Take into account that not all the activities are going to be visible right from the beginning of the course. This is done as we move along the course.
7. Step 5 The menu on the left provides information about your grades, upcoming events and deadlines for assignments. Check them regularly.
8. Examples Calendar with important dates for assignments Deadlines for assignments
9. Study Guides Study guides play a key role in organizing each module. They give you all the necessary information about the activities that have to be done and about how to work with them.
10. Forums The forum sections are usually divided into ‘Announcements’ and ‘Queries?’. The tutor and the participants alike can send their comments and questions. These are automatically sent to your e-mail inbox so as to keep you updated at all times.
11. Activities Wikis Assignments Hot Potatoes Quizzes Handouts Powerpoint Presentations
12. Recordings In the Phonology Clinics we make use of a tool which helps us to carry out recordings from the campus. Check your computer settings so that you can visualize this recording bar with its corresponding buttons.
13. Profile Remember to update your profile
14. PHONOLOGY CLINICS OBJECTIVES <ul><li>This hands-on workshop will have as its primary objectives to help you to: </li></ul><ul><li>speak clearly and effectively </li></ul><ul><li>understand rapid speech more easily face-to-face, on television, in movies </li></ul><ul><li>gain confidence and increase your comfort level when speaking English </li></ul><ul><li>improve your overall performance when speaking English </li></ul>
15. PHONOLOGY CLINIC I
16. The different sections in our virtual classroom <ul><li>MODULE 0: ENGLISH SPELLING & PRONUNCIATION </li></ul><ul><li>MODULE 1: INITIAL DICTION ASSESSMENT </li></ul><ul><li>MODULE 2: ORGANS OF SPEECH - ARTICULATION </li></ul><ul><li>MODULE 3: CONSONANTS & VOWELS </li></ul><ul><li>MODULE 4: EAR-TRAINING ACTIVITIES </li></ul><ul><li>MODULE 5: SPANISH SPEAKERS’ MAIN DIFFICULTIES </li></ul>
17. PHONOLOGY CLINIC I CONTENTS IN DETAIL
18. PHONOLOGY CLINIC I <ul><li>MODULE O: WELCOME! </li></ul><ul><li>WEEK 1 </li></ul><ul><li>Lack of correspondence between spelling and pronunciation in English </li></ul><ul><li>English sounds </li></ul>
19. PHONOLOGY CLINIC I <ul><li>MODULE 1: INITIAL SELF-ASSESSMENT </li></ul><ul><li>WEEK 2 </li></ul><ul><li>Pronunciation quiz </li></ul><ul><li>Setting goals and targets </li></ul><ul><li>Reflection journal I </li></ul>