MARKETING PLANNING AND CONTROL
LECTURER: Ms. FALINA
Diana Sari 
Herni Veryany 
Herlina Oeij 
Wita Tursina 
The London School of Public Relations Jakarta
Product: Teh Botol Sosro
Company: PT Sinar Sosro
TEH BOTOL SOSRO
Teh Botol Sosro firstly introduced in 1940 in Jawa Tengah. Sosrodjoyo family tried to
develop tea with jasmine aroma. The brand was “THE CAP BOTOL”. They were
introduced a new kind of tea. They started by promoting with sampling technique and it
was success in Java. The sales increased.
After success introduced the product in Java, they started to expand market in Jakarta.
They use the same technique which was sampling technique, and make them also
success in Jakarta. Then they started to create new strategy. They tried to develop
“Teh Botol” in 1969. In 1970, first bottle was established. After two year, they changed.
And in 1974, they established the third bottle design and it still use until now. Also in
1974, the PT.SINAR SOSRO was established. Sosro has it own market share and get
From 1974 until now, Teh Botol Sosro is still the first instant tea in Indonesia. It is
distributed nationally and even internationally. Teh Botol SOSRO is in its maturity until
now. Over 40 years, the product is still on maturity. It may because the flavor, the
quality and the credibility of the company.
Teh Botol SOSRO is not already decline. But it will decline when there will be so much
tough competitor, the technology and trend change, etc.
PLC and BGC chart
Introduction Growth Maturity Decline
Question mark Star Cash Cow Dog
• Teh Botol Sosro is the first bottled tea in Indonesia and in the world.
• Teh Botol Sosro is made from chosen tea leaves.
• The packaging of Teh Botol Sosro is environmental friendly and can support in
preventing global warming
• The brand name "Teh Botol Sosro" is taken from Indonesian, so it proves that
Teh Botol Sosro is Indonesian product.
• The price of Teh Botol Sosro is affordable.
• The bottle packaging of Teh Botol Sosro makes the beverages hard to bring
everywhere and easy to break.
• Teh Botol Sosro contains a lot of sugar, so it can’t be drunk by people who got
• Teh Botol Sosro is available everywhere (easy to get the product)
• Teh Botol Sosro has go internationally
• There are a lot of competitors in the tea market, such as frestea, s-tee, tekita,
• In the market, there are a lot of people who make imitation of Teh Botol Sosro or
make their own tea and pour it into Teh Botol Sosro bottle.
• Another brand (competitor) over the tea product with same price but serves more
STRATEGY and TACTICS
Repositioning the image of Teh Botol Sosro (conventional image, low status image, etc)
PT. Sinar Sosro have to change the packaging of Teh Botol SOSRO. The recent
packagings have been used since 1974. This recent packaging is conventional and
considered that it needs renewal to attract more consumer than before.
PT Sinar Sosro will change the bottle design. It is still made from glasses, but it will be
lighter, easy to bring, and unique. For one year we will do much promotion and road
show to create awareness about the new packaging of Teh Botol Sosro.