Chapter 10, Section 2 Questions Name_________________________
1. How many representatives are there in the House of Representatives, and how
long are their terms?
2. How is the House of Representatives apportioned?
3. Describe the process of reapportionment?
4. What typically happens to the political party in office during an off-year
5. What is a single-member district?
6. How are districts for Representatives determined in each state?
7. Describe the process of gerrymandering. What is the goal of gerrymandering?
8. How did the Supreme Court rule in the court case Wesberry v. Sanders?
9. What are the formal qualifications to be a member of the House of
10. What are the informal qualifications?