1. Based on the book by Stephen C. Lundin, Ph.D., Harry Paul and John Christensen
2. Today’s Agenda Introductions Purpose of the seminar Film - FISH! Discussion Observation Analysis Consideration Strategy and Implementation Commitment Follow-up
6. PLAY! <ul><li>Play makes your job fun, enjoyable, and spontaneous. </li></ul><ul><li>Play energizes the creativity and problem-solving abilities within you. </li></ul><ul><li>There is no implementation manual for play; Millions of ways to play. </li></ul><ul><li>Play makes time pass more quickly. </li></ul><ul><li>Play and Work should be synonymous. </li></ul>
8. MAKE THEIR DAY! <ul><li>Have fun and invite others to join. </li></ul><ul><li>What would make this person’s day? </li></ul><ul><li>What would bring a smile to their face? </li></ul><ul><li>What can I do to create a Pikes Place experience? </li></ul>
10. You may not be working on your dream job at the moment, it doesn’t matter; you still have a choice. You can pass through work on your way to somewhere else or you can choose to make a difference by the way you spend the life energy you give to work. BE THERE
12. CHOOSE YOUR ATTITUDE <ul><li>Accept full responsibility for your attitude and your mood. </li></ul><ul><li>Your day will be brighter. </li></ul><ul><li>Envision your workplace as fun and playful. </li></ul><ul><li>Envision yourself as someone who makes people ‘s day. </li></ul><ul><li>Envision you with the attitude you would like to have every day. </li></ul><ul><li>Create the World Famous YOU!!! </li></ul>
14. Think FISH Play ~ Make Their Day ~ Be There ~ Choose Your Attitude ~ It’s about having fun, enjoying yourself, being spontaneous and creative. It’s about doing something special for your customers and co-workers. It’s about being totally focused on the moment and on the person or task at hand. It’s about accepting full responsibility for all of our choices, even our attitude at work.
16. Discussion Observation & Analysis ~ This is a highly successful market. To what do you attribute their success? Consideration ~ What do you see in the Fish Market that you wish you had at your place of work? Can you craft an application for your business unit using the four basic principles? Strategy & Implementation ~ What message can you take back as a FISH! Ambassador? Commitment & Follow Up ~
17. Southwest Airlines * Saturn Corp * McDonald’s Corp * Amazon.com * Boeing * US Army * Nordstrom * Hewlett Packard Company * Anheuser-Busch * Arthur Anderson * 3M * Mayo Clinic * State Farm Insurance * California Dept of Education * Fidelity Investments * Motel 6 * Bristol-Myers Squibb * Universal Studios * Ford Motor Company * GoodYear Tire & Rubber * Harley Davidson * Peterbilt * Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City * Crystal Cruises * Dun & Bradstreet * Chevron Corp * Dow Chemical * Dupont * Colorado Dept of Education * Milwaukee Public Schools * University of Florida * St. Jude Children’s Hospital * Nabisco * California Dept of Motor Vehicles * National Weather Service * US Postal Service * Parke-Davis * Chi Chi’s Inc. * Sugarloaf Mountain Corp * Blue Cross Blue Shield * BMW Of North America * Fuji Photo Film * Northwest Airlines * Whirlpool Corp * US West DEX * Dayton’s * Galyan’s Trading Company * Great Clips Inc * Target Stores Inc * AT&T * GTE * Lucent Technologies * Nokia Inc * Sprint PCS * Continental Airlines * And many more
19. Rules Rule #1: Have Fun! Rule #2: See Rule # 1
20. It is often hard to just stay afloat in the turbulent water that covers the modern organization.
21. THOUGHT: We spend so much time at work preparing for work, traveling to and from work, and decompressing from work. Why not live in a way that makes work a better place and honors this precious thing we call LIFE.