Six questions that you shouldanswer to create a great pitchBy Deepak Goelhttp://www.linkedin.com/in/dgoel07
1. What is the problem that you aretrying to solve?• Describe the problem with a real worldscenario.• Keep it simple, concrete, credible, emotionaland easy to fathom.• Assume that the reader/listener has neverheard of the problem before.
2. How is the problem getting solvedtoday?• Every problem is getting solved today. It mightbe getting solved in an inefficient way but it isgetting solved somehow.• Talk about online/automatic as well asoffline/manual ways to solve it.• Talk about direct/indirect competition.
3. What is your solution and how is itsuperior?• Describe your solution. Keep itsimple, concrete, credible, emotional and easyto fathom.• Give reasons as to why your solution issuperior to existing solutions.• Talk about your unique value proposition.
4. How big is the opportunity?• How big is the market? Build it up either top-down or bottom-up.• Talk about your business model and pricing.• Be ambitious but also be realistic.
5. Why is your team the best team tosolve this problem?• Talk about the past accomplishments of yourteam.• Describe how you have the best possibleblend of technical & marketing/sales skills.• Talk about your marketing & salesstrategy/plan. Don’t forget to include the costof customer acquisition.
6. How much money do you need andwhy?• How much money have you raised in the pastand how did you use that money?• Talk about the traction till date. Includerevenues, key customer names andtestimonials.• How much more money do you need now andwhat will you do with it?