Good design is all in the eye of the beholder (you, you firm, your clients). Consistency with how your brand in used in print. Often clients realise how poor their visual brand is used in print when they see what a good website looks like. Look at the fonts used in all these logos, not a Times New Roman (serif font) amongst them. For some firms, just changing the font used in their logo can have a dramatic impact.
Professional<----- Spectrum -----> Personal The best photos you can buy, consider the two examples here Make your lawyers appear human, consider the same kind of quiz that we have on the Conscious website Examples:- http://www.dwf.co.uk/professionals/xprProfessionalDetailsAltPhoto.aspx?xpST=ProfessionalDetail&professional=154 http://www.charleshillhubbard.co.uk/partners2.htm http://www.hmsolicitors.co.uk/who_we_are/our_team?people_id=1 http://www.kintish.co.uk/page14.html http://www.mentorcorporatecoaching.co.uk/brendan-fitzmaurice.php http://email@example.com
Explain why it ’s so important, tell the story of Zaiwalla & Co. Met on 3-Nov-04 Few follow up calls to Jun-05. Email newsletters until Dec-07 .
Must be consistent with your website and offline use of your brand. Get the important information at the top Get a name and preferably a photo into the design, make the newsletter come from “someone”
3. What are we going to cover?• Quick thoughts on design• Staff profiles• Up-to-date content• Online video• Online document assembly• Content management systems• SEO, PPC and email marketing• Website statistics• Social media (LinkedIn, Twitter etc)
4. Do NOT reply
5. Mobile optimised websites• 4-5% of all page viewsnow from mobile devices• Why do people usewebsites on theirsmartphone?• Contact, location, people• buckles-law.mobi• Cut down version usuallywith “lighter” content• How to not have toduplicate all your staffpages?
6. Responsive Design
7. Staff Profiles
8. EU Cookie Directive• Doing nothing is not an option• You cannot rely on browser settings (says theICO)• You must get “informed consent”
9. Detailed visitor tracking
10. Up to Date Content• Current news• Blogging• Google likes to see big sites get bigger slowly• Must be relevant to your intended audience
11. Podcasting & Online Video
12. AnimotoJust $250/year plus the time to make it
14. SecureForms• Enhanced customer service• Allow clients to “self service”
15. What is email marketing?• Regular communication to your clients• To stay in contact and reactive lapsed clients• To drive a specific “call to action”• Event invitations, event follow ups• Very cost effective in tough market conditionslike we have at the moment• What audiences– Customers– Prospects– Partners
16. Newsletter Design
17. Tracking ClicksPrivacy Protection
18. Social Media• It’s all about raising your profile• It takes time and commitment• £40,000. Client won £100,000 of work!• LinkedIn & Facebook advertising?
19. Actions - Order of Priority• Website – modern design,topical/valuable content• Staff profiles• Email newsletters – email addresses• Social Networking – who do you know?Who knows you?• Search Engine Optimisation – beingNo.1 in Google• Pay Per Click – buying the No.1 spot