- H-5/A is one of only a few remaining undeveloped parcels within the gates of Punta Mita. The parcel is south of the Punta Mita Highway in close proximity to the main entrance gate to Punta Mita on the north side of the highway. Primary access to the site will be from a road to be built by DINE that will include a tunnel under the Punta Mita Highway from the north side so that access will be physically inside the main gated entrance to Punta Mita.
- The parcel has approximately 120 meters (390 feet) of frontage on the Pacific Ocean, on the north side of Banderas Bay.
- The parcel contains approximately 9.186 hectares, or 22.69 acres. Surrounding uses include a vacant development parcel to the east (also within Punta Mita) that was recently acquired by Strategic Hotels; a buffer area to the north (between the property and the Punta Mita Highway) and Banderas Bay to the south. The villages of Emiliano Zapata and El Corral (which are also referred to as “Punta de Mita”) border the property to the west; these parcels are not part of Punta Mita, but are quickly becoming an attractive amenity to the owners and guests of the Punta Mita Resort.
Planned Residential Units – The project has approved plans for the development of 100 residential units, including the following:
- Two luxury oceanfront single family residences, each with approximately 5,400 square feet of air conditioned space plus extensive outdoor living spaces, pools, etc. These homes, at approximate elevations of 6 and 9 meters, will be adjacent to the beach club and other oceanfront amenities that will serve the entire site.
- Eighteen detached ocean-view single-level villas, which will be constructed in two curving rows terraced up the hillside that slopes from the ocean. The first and second rows range in elevation from 9 to 11.5 meters and 14.5 to 16 meters, respectively; accordingly, the second row will be approximately 5 meters (16 feet) higher than the first, preserving the dramatic ocean views from each unit, which stretch from the city of Puerto Vallarta to the east and over the Banderas Bay to distance mountain peaks beyond. The planned units will have 4 bedrooms and 5.5 baths and will contain approximately 4,000 square feet of interior space and 1,800 square feet of exterior patio area. Each unit will also have its own swimming pool and hot tub.
- Forty-eight resort condominiums in six buildings. They are planned to be 3- and 4-bedroom units averaging approximately 3,400 square feet in multi-story buildings. It is planned that a separate amenity area, including a large pool and other associated amenities, will be built to serve this area of the project.
- Remaining unit mix TBD
- Hotel component has also recently been approved for this site.