Technology In The Classroom
As a teacher I’ve seen how
technology in the classroom is a
benefit for my students.
• When using technology to facilitate K12 instruction, teachers have to take
into consideration whether students are
learning concepts successfully with the
use of technology rather than with only
• Technology offers various helpful
resources for all grades and subjects.
• Technology provides students with
essential resources such as illustrations,
sound, video, 3-D simulations, etc.
• Technology can simplify instruction for
students and can be used as
• Technology can provide students with
other types of instruction rather than
teacher-led instruction. Technology can
simplify a topic for a student by
explaining it differently.
• Technology can also be used to teach
• Unfortunately, most students are not
interested in global news; however,
using technology can make news
interesting for students. The Internet
permits free video conferencing which
permits interaction in real time with
sister schools in other countries.
• From an educational viewpoint, what could
be more important than understanding
other cultures through direct dialog and
• Planning and integrating technology in a
classroom takes time; but not including
technology in the lesson plans can make
the instruction less interesting or
motivating to the students.