1. Introduction to Visualforcefor Mobile DevicesJosh Birk, salesforce.com, Developer Evangelist@joshbirkAkhilesh Gupta, salesforce.com, Lead Mobile Evangelist@akhileshgupta
2. Safe HarborSafe harbor statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995:This presentation may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. If any such uncertaintiesmaterialize or if any of the assumptions proves incorrect, the results of salesforce.com, inc. could differ materially from the results expressed orimplied by the forward-looking statements we make. All statements other than statements of historical fact could be deemed forward-looking,including any projections of product or service availability, subscriber growth, earnings, revenues, or other financial items and any statementsregarding strategies or plans of management for future operations, statements of belief, any statements concerning new, planned, or upgradedservices or technology developments and customer contracts or use of our services.The risks and uncertainties referred to above include – but are not limited to – risks associated with developing and delivering new functionalityfor our service, new products and services, our new business model, our past operating losses, possible fluctuations in our operating resultsand rate of growth, interruptions or delays in our Web hosting, breach of our security measures, the outcome of intellectual property and otherlitigation, risks associated with possible mergers and acquisitions, the immature market in which we operate, our relatively limited operatinghistory, our ability to expand, retain, and motivate our employees and manage our growth, new releases of our service and successfulcustomer deployment, our limited history reselling non-salesforce.com products, and utilization and selling to larger enterprise customers.Further information on potential factors that could affect the financial results of salesforce.com, inc. is included in our annual report on Form10-Q for the most recent fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2012. This documents and others containing important disclosures are available on theSEC Filings section of the Investor Information section of our Web site.Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other presentations, press releases or public statements are not currently availableand may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make the purchase decisions based upon featuresthat are currently available. Salesforce.com, inc. assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
3. Device Growth Is Exploding, Driven By Consumers Source: Gartner Research; Smartphone, Tablet, and PC Forecast, December 2010.
4. Info Workers Use Many Devices For Work & Personal 52% of information workers use 3 or more devices 60% of these devices are used for both work and personal useSource: Forrester Blogs: Why Tablets Will Become Our Primary Computing Device, Frank Gillett, April 23, 2012
5. Make your application Simple, Fast and FamiliarUsers have less screen real estate, less time and lessbandwidth to accomplish tasks.
11. Let’s Put It Together
12. Hybrid Applications
13. Mobile SDK: Accelerate App DevelopmentTools for building native, hybrid, and HTML5 apps on iOS and Android OAuth2 Secure authentication and refresh token management API Wrappers Interact with Salesforce REST APIs with popular mobile platform languages App Container Embed HTML5 apps inside a container to access powerful native device functionality Secure Offline Storage Store business data on a device with enterprise-class encryption Push Notifications Dispatch real-time alerts directly to mobile devices
14. Going Offline
16. Mobile VisualforceComponents
17. Speaker Name Speaker Name Speaker Name Speaker Name Speaker Title, Speaker Title, Speaker Title, Speaker Title, @twittername @twittername @twittername @twittername