Consumer Behavior Presentation on
A PPT presentation by Group-9
Devanshu Gupta(PGDM-19 )
• Brand name of grooming products from a British-
Dutch company Unilever in France.
• Famous for their hot ads and fragrance that attracted
young people to buy the product forcefully.
• Lead product - deodorant body spray.
• Also includes deodorant sticks, roll-ons, aftershaves,
antiperspirant and shower gels.
• Named as Lynx in Australia, US, UK due to conflicts
The Axe brand of deodorants is from Hindustan Unilever
Limited and is primarily targeted at 15 to 25 year old people.
Portrays normal yet cool, trendy and confident looks, a
positioning that is aspirational to the target segment.
World’s most sexist advertisement campaign.
The Axe Effect also acts on the confidence levels of the user.
The very act of being associated with the brand serves to
boost the ego.
Bridges the very gap of user friendliness effectively, and yet
keeps the dream of getting a Charlie’s angel some day.
Q. Why Axe brand is doing so very well or
is a market leader in deodorant market ?
Within underarm category
Deodorant aerosol body spray.
Antiperspirant stick and roll-ons.
Axe's Product Extension
MODELS OF CONSUMER
•Motivation Process Model
•Emotional Model of ‘AXE’
• Human needs, wants & desire create tension.
• Humans continually attempt to establish
relationships with others to reduce tensions.
• Needs are suppressed into our consciousness
and they come out in socially acceptable forms.
• The biggest strength of this brand is
the underlying message that the brand users
are high on confidence and for them, girls
makes the first move.
• Axe tries to address this hidden desire of
men present on their sub-conscious level.
Motivation Process Model
• Feeling (of being seduced) gives a big boost of self-
confidence to a man.
• The brand has its brand values of cool, fashionable
• The brand sticks to its core values.
• AXE understood emotional, functional and
psychological needs on the basis which they
designed their marketing campaign.
• All its campaigns revolve round this central theme of
Seduction where Girl makes the first move.
Consumer Research ‘AXE’
Consumer Buying Behavior Age group of 18-28 is highest
consumer of ‘ axe’.
Axe deo ad is the most appealing.
Youth believe that choice of deo
brand affects their personality.
Executive/ Professional don’t use
Consumption Pattern A person has collection of more than
one variety of deo sprays.
A person uses at least two 150ml
deo per month.
Consumer sprays deo more than
one a day.
Consumer Research Cont..
Consumer Lifestyle Expenditure on deo is related to
User spends 150-300 rupees on
every unit of deo.
Age and occupation determines the
spending capacity of consumer.
Youth moves with trend and AXE
deo is a trend.
Consumer Perception about
Axe deo has a strong fragrance.
Packaging is attractive.
Prevents body odor.
Effect of AXE lasts for a day.
AXE deo have no side effects or
Age group 16 to 35.
Income group Middle&
Personality Fashion Oriented
User status Regular user
Usage rate Medium.
• Axe, one of the naughtier brands in India,
is targeted at males aged 16-25. The brand
is positioned in a manner to promote itself
on the underlying message that
• a) Axe users are high on confidence
• (b) women are seduced by Axe users and
hence, they make the first move.
AGE GROUP SEX INCOME Gr. LIFESTYLE
AXE 18-22 MALE Aspirers,
ADIDAS 18-30 MALE Aspirers Sporty and
NIVEA 16-26 MALE
FOGG 17-35 MALE
Global Indians Commuter,
High degree of
• Axe, one of the naughtier brands in India.
• PODs: Axe users are high on confidence, and women
are seduced by Axe users and hence, they make the
• Regular guys are seen as getting hit on by girls.
• Axe has had high-profile launches of its new fragrance
CLICK, the Axe Land campaign, Axe-Academy, Axe
Voodoo and Phenomenon.
• So basically Axe deodorant is positioned as a strong,
long lasting, fresh deodorant that breeds inner
confidence to conquer outer situations, for the
Positioning of Axe
• ASPIRERS,SEEKERS AND STRIVERS
• HIGHLY SOCIAL
• CREATES ATTRACTION
OPINION LEADERS FOR AXE
• REGULAR TELEVISION VIEWER
• FASHIONABLE, STYLISH AND NAUGHTY
• OFTEN GROUP LEADER
• GROOMING PRODUCT
TRAITS ANDCHARACTERISTICS OF
THE OPINION LEADERS OF AXE
• BASIC OBJECTIVE:- ATTENTION FROM
RELEVANCE OF THESE OPINION