To accomplish our goal of making this a meaningful interaction, I have broken the presentation into 3 parts. Based on what you have said, you would like to hear how we will spend the majority of our time on # 1, 2 or 3. (Note: Use this slide to let them know that you listened to what they said. Know your information well enough that you can make adjustments to your standard presentation.)
As we go thru the presentation, there are some overarching points that I would like to make and that past customers have said are important to take into consideration when making a vendor decision on backup.**it is difficult to do any thing well. Without focus it is almost impossible. At PHD, we focus on just backup of virtual environments. We believe this focus is what has delivered the unique technology you will see today and why the technology is delivered on multiple hypervisors.Our customer feedback has been, “I have pain doing backups on my virtual desktops and servers but my physical environment is fine. Help me with my virtual problem without causing another one!” You will see as we go through this presentation that we have, and will continue to have, not just virtual products for virtual environments but also adapters to the vendors many of our customers use to backup their physical environments.” So, our strategy is to provide a best of breed backup solution for your virtual environment and co-exist with your vendor for your physical servers/desktops.**We will go into detail about our architecture but suffice it to say that it is unique to PHD Virtual and will enable features that many customers find important.**In a difficult business environment we have the financial resources to be able follow through on our commitments to our customers.
Transition: What are the typical current data protection choices?The problem is that the current backup methodologies for virtual environments have issues: - single points of failure - significant processing overhead on ESX server - restore usually multi-step process - scaling limited due to limited CPU and/or memory resources (Consider removing VBA from this slide.)
We have won a number of awards on our way to acquiring over 2000 customers in just a few short years. Our product roadmap and priorities are really driven by our close relationship with our customers. Recently we became Citrix ready as a result of our customers wanting a cross platform solution.
Many companies talk about how they are in tune with their customers but we have a method and process behind it. Customers can give input in a number of ways: 1) we have a user group with many sub groups focused on specific products. User group members get a number of benefits; 2) our CEO conducts roundtable discussions formally with customers each quarter and speaks with them often to ensure that our customers are happy with our sales, support, channel and our technology; 3) the product management group does monthly meetings and conducts weekly webinars on our technology. They are the group that gives development the product specifications driven by our customers and the market; 4) finally, there is an internal meeting each week so that when we roll out a product to a customer it is well documented, supported by our people and our partners and so it meets our customers needs.
Host Failover: In the event of a host failure, VMs that HA to a new host will be backed upSureRestore™Build Target Teams – Logical groups of storage for backup jobs ensure every backup succeeds even if one target is downFully VMotion aware – backups continue even as VMs move from host to hoseNo Proxy Hardware to fail
Technology ComponentsData integrity verification during and after backup processSelf-healing data blocks on diskPatent-pending data protection schemes.What good is a backup if you can’t restore the data!?Other vendors try to make sure your backups worked; PHD makes sure that your restore will be successful.We continually check backup data integrity and fix data corruption errors without user intervention so that backups restore as expected.
Transition: Let’s talk about one of the ways PHD makes it easy to do business…We listened to our customers and created a very simple license model. The only choices you needto consider are the number of concurrent backups that will run per host. We also only license by the host, so it doesn’t matter how many sockets are on the server. This provides great investmentprotection should a customer want to move the license to a more powerful server over time.Discount Pricing Available for Volume PurchasesMulti Year Commitment with Flexible Licensing Options
17. Product Strategy<br />Goal: Become the Gold Standard Solution to backup large virtual environments<br />Unique Architecture: Reliability, Security, Performance / Scalability, Ease of Use, Flexibility, Cost Effective<br />Cross Platform Capability: One solution for all major hypervisors and virtual desktop infrastructures<br />Enterprise Coexistence: Integration adapters with all leading physical backup vendors<br />
21. The VBA ™ Architecture Advantage<br />VBA ™ Architecture Delivers<br />Performance & Scalability<br />Reliability & Compliance<br />Flexibility & Ease of Use <br />Cost <br />
22. Performance & Scalability <br />Multiple concurrent backup and restore streams per PHD VBA™<br />Dom 0 not used for I/O operations<br />Support for Changed Block Tracking<br />TrueDedupe™ Technology<br />
23. Performance & ScalabilityTrueDedupe™ Technology<br /><ul><li>Source-side, global de-duplication
27. Reliability & Compliance <br />Distributed architecture: No single point of failure<br />Disaster recovery / High Availability options<br />Effective snapshot removal<br />Auto-discover new VMs<br />SureRestore™ Technology<br />OpenRestore™ Technology<br />
28. Reliability & Compliance SureRestore™ Technology<br />Data Blocks Verified In-Line During Backup<br />Successful Restore Operation Completed<br />Data Blocks Checked in Background on Backup Target<br />BAD Blocks Replaced with Good Blocks During Next Backup<br />Corrupt Blocks Identified and Flagged as BAD<br />
29. Reliability & Compliance OpenRestore™ Technology<br />No proprietary software required to restore data from backup device<br />Meet compliance requirements without ongoing license and maintenance costs<br />Don’t allow your data to be held hostage!<br />
30. Flexibility & Ease of Use<br />Integration into Citrix XenCenter<br />Support for multiple hypervisor platforms<br />Policy driven administration<br />Deploy as an appliance<br />Date Smart Dynamic Export Technology<br />
31. Flexibility & Ease of UseDate Smart Dynamic Export<br /><ul><li>Re-hydrate and copy backups to tape from a SMB/Windows Share
32. Data copied in XenServer native VHD format to allow one-step restore from tape
33. Data is not locked in a proprietary format</li></li></ul><li>Cost<br />No additional expense for proxy server hardware and software<br />Reduced storage capacity requirements with TrueDedupe™ Technology<br />No ongoing licensing fees with OpenRestore™ Technology<br />Policy driven administration reduces IT costs<br />
34. Introducing Support for Desktop<br />Available Today<br />
35. PHD Virtual & the Virtual Desktop<br />PHD Virtual Backup for Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp supports backup and recovery of virtual desktop machines <br />PHD TrueDedupe™ delivers significant benefits in this environment<br />Large compression ratio due to similarity of images <br />Specifically OS and applications<br />Reduced bandwidth requirements due to source side de-dupe<br />Restore capabilities: entire desktop image or at the file level<br />
36. PHD Virtual Backup for Citrix XenServer<br />Premier data protection solution for the XenServer environment<br />Citrix strategic investment in PHD announced May 20, 2010<br />Full integration with Citrix XenCenter<br />Demo will show<br />Installation of PHD Virtual Backup plug-in for XenCenter<br />Wizard driven backup and restore<br />Backup and restore job monitoring<br />
37. Demo<br />
38. Summary<br />PHD VBA™ Architecture delivers<br />Performance & Scalability<br />Reliability & Compliance<br />Flexibility & Ease of Use<br />Cost<br />Endorsed by Citrix Systems and passed testing requirements of Citrix Ready program<br />Full integration with XenCenter for single pane of glass management<br />
39. Pricing/Licensing Options<br />PHD Virtual Backup for Citrix XenServer<br /><ul><li>$2,000 per host
40. Multiple concurrent backups per host
41. Built-in replication for DR
42. Source-side global de-duplication
43. Bundled with Gold Support 11 hrs, 5 days week</li></ul>Platinum 24x7 Support<br />Volume Purchase Pricing <br />Enterprise License Agreement<br />
44. firstname.lastname@example.org<br />866-710-1882 (USA and Canada)<br />+1-267-298-5320 (International)<br />