ENGLISH 3 HAVE YOUR SAY
THE PLACE WHERE YOU LIVE
FROM : EURONEWS, SUNDAY 11 OCTOBER 2009
1 And in Brussels a 58-year-old woman has won the title of Miss Homeless. Therese Van Belle will
2 now have a year of free housing and be helped towards getting a job.
3 On winning, the newly crowned Miss Homeless said she hoped to help others who like her have
4 found themselves living on the street.
1) What goes through your mind when you hear the word ‘homeless’?
2) Do you ever give money to homeless people?
3) Is homelessness a problem in your country?
4) What does your government do for the homeless?
5) What does homelessness say about a society?
6) Why do you think people become homeless?
7) What do you think when you walk past homeless people?
8) How difficult do you think it is for homeless people to get back into employment, get a
9) If you were homeless, where and how would you live?
10) What do you think it would be like to suddenly become homeless?
1) Are there homeless people in your country?
2) Why does the government allow homelessness?
3) Why do many people look down on the homeless?
4) What can you do to help the homeless?
5) If you were homeless, what would you do all day?
6) Would you give a homeless person a shower and a bed for the night in your home?
7) Do homeless people lose their civil or human rights in your country?
8) What do/would you care about more in an election, taxes of the plight of the homeless?
9) Do you think homelessness will ever disappear, even in rich countries?
10)What questions would you ask a homeless person?
From : www.eslDiscussions.com