1. Rock MarkEntertainmentan artist development company
2. BrandingRock Mark Entertainment’s primary goal isto bring good music to music-loversThis goal will be achieved through strongartist development, artist management andevent promotionWork with up-and-coming artists andwriters in a close-knit environment willfoster the collaboration and creativitynecessary to realize this goal
3. Origins of the nameSelden, NY 2006Loose collective of musical collaboratorsVarious groups, some recordingsResidents and friendsHouse band known as ‘Rock Mark’
5. Origins of LogoCircle Of FifthsConnected Chromatically F C GC > Db > D > Eb > E > F > F# Bb D> G > Ab > A > Bb > B > C Eb ASeal of Approval Ab EDesigned to make a mental Db F# Bconnection to good music
6. Market LeaderColumbia Artist Management is one of theleading artist management companies in theUnited States
7. Similar LogoAT&T has a similar logo, with its use ofcircles and lines
8. Possible IssuesRock Mark is a “suggestive” name; Second-least protectable type of nameLogo is not very protectable; More intricatelogo design or typeface necessaryRock Mark is phonetically ambiguous (RockMart, Rot Mark, etc.)
9. Corporate CultureActive artist development and pursuit ofcollaboration between creative minds willrequire a tight communityCorporate culture at Rock Mark will befamily-likeAll artists should feel free to communicateopenly with Rock Mark and its other artistsWide-ranging contacts and alliances in avariety of creative ﬁelds will aid artistdevelopment
10. Implementing CultureFrequent personal meetings with artistsPersonal meetings with collaboratorsQuarterly festival with live music from theRock Mark roster“Festivals” will foster an open environmentand communication between all Rock Markemployees, artists and partners
11. Mission StatementThe mission of Rock Mark Entertainment is tofacilitate the production of great music. Thiscan be done through encouraging musicappreciation and by bringing good music to musiclovers. This is made possible through strongartist development.This mission will be a part of the Rock Markculture, posted in the ofﬁce and quoted inemails and on websites.The mission will be put into practice throughcommunity outreach and volunteer work aimed ateducating young people about music.
12. Mission Statement (cont) This mission statement is aimed at employees, clients and customers. It conveys Rock Mark’s deep commitment to the music itself, not just unit sales and gross revenues The mission statement is at the core of Rock Mark’s whole operation
13. TaglineGood music. Period
14. Tagline (cont.)The tagline re-enforces the mission andideals of Rock Mark EntertainmentIt’s a descriptive taglineThis is yet another example of the brandingstrategy: when music consumers see theRock Mark logo somewhere, they will knowthat whatever is inside will be good music.