Desktop Alert TM - Mass Notification Made Easy
“The team at Desktop Alert is to be Overview
commended for a superb product and an
even better support staff. The system was Desktop Alert provides highly secure, highly extensible and very transparent
approved as secure and has bolstered alerting platforms. It is multi-media enabled and is used to deliver rich media
critical communications at the base.quot; such as video, images, music, copy, interactive Flash files and other
applications. Message windows can be sized, display text and links, play videos
Carlton Powell R SrA 305 CS/SCBNO and even wave files.
McGuire Air Force Base
Latest Client The ability to in-place intelligent methods, functions and triggers that interact
with and bring crucial data to and from end-users based on end-user and/or
* The United States Military Academy at management's predefined business rules and settings. Enhanced organizational
West Point efficiency and effectiveness for the Military, Security Personnel, Police, Corporate
Personnel, and any other organization seeking operational milestones.
* United States Army Approves Desktop
Alert for Secure Mass Notification Desktop Alert has extensive security experience combined with robust and
System stable software to guarantee safe, secure and reliable information delivery in
* Desktop Alert Mass Notification Added times of emergency.
to Air Force Approved Software List
* Desktop Alert introduces Enterprise Upwards of 2048 Bit Secure Emergency response alert and notification solutions
IVR Integration systems enable public, police, private business, government agencies and first
* SAP signs deal for Global Distribution responders to communicate immediately for all kinds of urgent alerts and/or
public safety incidents. Guaranteed Content Delivery.
Built-in end-user options enable the Desktop Alert system to automatically alert
Desktop Alert Applications people by phone, pager, fax, BlackBerry Handheld, e-mail etc.
• Great tool for OEM's. Provides instant
All alerts include a full array of reports to track how many alerts were delivered
alerts, including automatic software
as well as how many alerts were interactively used by end-users (i.e. A
updates/patches and more
complete audit trail).
• Military Alerts
• Desktop News Alerts
For public and government agencies secure alert technology enables publishing
• Corporate Alerts. Excellent business tool
of critical information instantly.
for corporate needs
• Marketing Alerts. Superb marketing tool
• Sales Force Alerts
• Help Center Alerts
• Survey Alerts
• Broadcast Multimedia Rich Content Alerts
Desktop Alert Inc.
346 Main Street
Chatham, New Jersey 07928
Desktop Alert Confidential P2
Military Applications Thus, most if not all other mass notification platforms
exhibit less than favorable maintenance logistics. This can
occur anytime one of the following scenarios occur:
• user changes rank status
• user retires
• user changes group memberships
• user is transferred to another base
Alerting thousands of personnel for the U.S. Armed • new user arrives at base
Forces every day • user undergoes name change from marriage or other
Our mass alert platform supplies U.S. Military bases with Every twenty minutes Desktop Alerts scanner service
tools that enable state-of-the-art mass alert notification to reviews and checks the Active Directory for any changes
an unlimited number of critical personnel, computers and that have occurred. This unique service alone saves
devices. potentially hundreds of man-hours that other mass
notification systems require daily in order to operate
Desktop Alert is in the midst of significant adoption of its properly.
Emergency Mass Notification System by the U.S. Military.
The alert platform has been utilized in real world scenarios Desktop Client Authentication
and garnered the attention of many high ranking military
officials. Within just a few seconds, thousands of personnel Desktop Alert provides Windows Client Authentication. When
are alerted and armed with critical information. This users sign in, the users alert account will automatically
innovative approach to sharing technology substantially authenticate with the alert client application regardless of
bolsters instant delivery of critical communications. the machine being used.
Multiple profiles on one machine are not a problem and this
• U.S. Air Force - Active Client proves invaluable over time as no administration tasks are
• U.S. Army - Active Client required when personnel are relocated anywhere on base.
• U.S. Navy - Currently Under Evaluation
• U.S. Marines - Currently Under Evaluation Deployment
• U.S. National Guard - Currently Under Evaluation
• U.S. Veterans Association - Currently Under Evaluation The alert application (client) is easily installed using any
• U.S.A.F.E - Currently Under Evaluation software distribution agent. (SMS). While the alert
application can be installed with a removal utility most bases
Please note that we now offer a complete no-obligation free to date have requested deploys that do NOT provide the
trial of the Desktop Alert Mass Alert Platform at any U.S. end-users with an un-install option in the ADD/REMOVE
Military Base worldwide. applet of the Windows Control Panel. However, an
administrator may target a machine for a silent un-install
Transparency (no user action needed) at anytime. Likewise, the install of
the application is 100% silent.
Desktop Alert provides highly secure, highly extensible and
very transparent alerting platforms for approved military Secure
organizations. When we say transparent, we mean it. We
provide your base or installation with virtually all of the The Desktop Alert Mass Notification System (MNS) enables
Desktop Alert source code. Source code is made existing groups and ad-hoc groups to share data on
available to U.S. Military clientele for independent review approved networks as well as between all U.S. armed forces
and examination of the nuts and bolts that comprise our using a shared network. The notification platform shares
state-of-the-art industry leading mass alerting platform. data across HTTP or HTTPS connections utilizing SoapXml
packets across port 80. These SoapXML packets also provide
LDAP/AD with Active Directory Scanner the ability to port highly encrypted digital certificates.
These certificates insure the highest level of security when
Organizational units are all managed easily as Desktop Alert sharing information between various U.S. Military Agencies
is LDAP / AD enabled. Desktop Alert has an Active Directory and U.S. Armed Forces.
quot;scannerquot; application that runs as a service on the server.
This ensures rapid response to the active directory when Desktop Alert is approved as compatible with the desktop
the organizational unit structure experiences any changes configuration and secure to run on U.S. Army and Air Force
whatsoever. Desktop Alert military deployments contact Networks. For reference, here is the current Air Force
Desktop Alert rarely if at all for maintenance related issues. approval information:
The Desktop Alert Mass Notification Platform requires less DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE HEADQUARTERS AIR
then 30 minutes maintenance per month. Other products MOBILITY COMMAND
claiming to be Active Directory enabled require manually
intensive updates by the administrator daily or whenever a AMC CG 305 CS/SCBNO
change occurs in the Active Directory. AMC Approval Code: Network Notification v.2x, ACSRD TCN
Desktop Alert Confidential P3
Tier one is comprised of a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 database.
SQL Server provides a high performance database engine to
Desktop Alert has created a feature rich web-based interface for store and manipulate data. SQL Server has unmatched
instant mass alert publication to targeted personnel and capabilities for integrating with other SQL server databases and
devices. databases on other platforms such as Oracle, DB2, and Sybase.
SQL Server provides data partitioning mechanisms that allow
Since most of our clientele elect to self-host our alert platform the system to scale up performance on a single server or
behind their firewall there are now many variants of the Desktop distribute the load among multiple servers.
Alert interface. Industry cannot use a canned product that has a
one size fits all solution. Industry demands that an alert system Tier two consists of code written in Microsoft’s C# development
respond to its existing intelligence and business rules. language and runs on web servers that support ASP.NET and
Therefore, Desktop Alert was written from the ground up the Microsoft .NET framework version 1.1. This tier is used to
extremely transparent. The architectural topology and sharing retrieve and manipulate data and create the web presentation
technology design is such that disparate systems across multiple interface. It is also where the web services interface is
networks can easily engage and interact with the Desktop Alert implemented. This tier is also scalable by adding more servers
Mass Notification System. This is accomplished through the and load balancing them using standard load balancing
usage of Web Services Description Language (WSDL). Broad techniques.
vendor agreement on standards and proven interoperability have
set Web services apart from integration technologies of the Tier three is the client tier. There are two interfaces for the
past. client tier, the web based interface and the desktop client
interface. The web interface has two functions:
Rapid Application Integration Using Desktop Alerts Notification
Platform • management of users, groups
• alerts and user review of past alerts
Extending an enterprise's existing computational infrastructure
and business logic with a next-generation information The management interface can be run from any web browser
architecture is not an option in today's aggressive and provides easy to use functions for creating users, groups
marketplace. Enterprise operations need to leverage and and alerts. User, group and alert management features can be
manipulate existing information across a variety of networks integrated with external systems by means of either database
without shaking up the entire IT department in the process via level integration or web services based integration. The desktop
the introduction of a new business tool. Enter Desktop Alert! client interface provides the end user with the alert viewing and
the ability to review past alerts and will open their default web
Features included in all versions of our alert platform browser to review previously viewed alerts.
• Customizable splash screen, tray icon, install script and more Desktop Alert IVR Integration
for the client application
• Ad-hoc on-the-fly group creation as well as Active Directory For simple, automated notification or for instant widespread
group structure adherence alerts, enterprises and organizations may rely on Desktop Alert
• Administration, Moderator and end-user controlled access to IVR Integration systems to deploy their communication
the interface contingency plans. Scalable and robust, the Desktop Alert IVR
• Embedded web-based html editor for easy yet elegant alert platform ensures reliable information dispatch that can reach
creation using HTML thousands of recipients instantly.
• Built-in Windows client authentication
• Opt-in or silent SMS client application installation Create automated notifications and alerts which can be sent to
• Audit trails for all published alerts individuals or groups. Include Desktop Alert IVR solutions as
• Template creation for re-use. part of your automated notifications strategy by integrating
• Calendar launch of predefined alerts, alert expiration dates and phone-based alerts with your automated email, web, fax and
alert cancellations pager solutions.
Desktop Alert will provide you with a Plug-and-Play alert system Solutions can be useful for:
that requires minimal computer skills for instant Enterprise alert
system management. Desktop Alert also offers several • Operations Support
distribution methods. • Automated Collections
• Scheduling and Reminders
• Public-Sector Communications
Desktop Alert Architectural Topology and Sharing • Mobile Enterprise Support and Sales
Technology • Transportation and Logistics
Desktop Alert was developed using a three-tier architecture. Tier Desktop Alert IVR product features include:
one is data storage and manipulation. Tier two is data retrieval,
web services, and web based presentation generation logic. Tier • Call initiation triggered via various mechanisms
three is the client interface, both web based and desktop • Dynamic VoiceXML dialogues
application. The architecture is designed to provide scalability • XML data integration
both vertically as well as horizontally; this allows the system to • Enhanced speech components
grow as the user base grows. • Integrated email, web, and fax servers
Desktop Alert Confidential P4
Features Summary System Configurations
• Desktop Alert integrates with existing telephony systems • Free Self Host Package - You Host up to 50
and existing PA systems. concurrent users (Desktop Alert retains sole discretion
• Unlimited number of end-users per 4 CPU server on any for approval of this promotion)
domain/base! • Low Cost Solutions - We Host; alert count restrictions
• Allows for Pre-programmed alerts which are FIRED OFF (This option does not include RSS, Cellphone, pager
from scenario triggers sent by existing enterprise and fax messaging)
applications • Campus Alerts - You Host or We Host; unlimited
• Create, preview and schedule your alert in advance (html concurrent users (This option does not include Desktop
allowed) Alerts for Computers unless requested)
• See Who's Online (drill down by groups) • Small Biz Package - We Host up to 5K concurrent
• Send alerts that open with quot;upper most screenquot; users
functionality. If a user has multiple applications open, the • Basic Server - You Host up to 10K concurrent users
alert will take the fore screen and stay open until • Standard Server - You Host up to 50K concurrent
• Customizable user interface • Advanced Server - You Host up to 200K concurrent
• Leverage comprehensive reporting and unique empirical users
• Activity is logged and available via a web-based interface
easily System Requirements
• Very NON-INTRUSIVE installation. No stop/start of IIS
needed during the install.
• Average install process is one day!
• Windows 98 or >
• Great e-mail supplement/alternative for when email
• 256 megabytes or ram
servers are down
• Internet Explorer 5.5 or >
• Guaranteed Content Delivery
• Pentium IV computer or >
• Content delivery to a select audience or audience's
• Internet connection 28k or >
• Scheduled content delivery at a time you designate!
• Microsoft Framework 1.1
• Delete/Cancel scheduled alerts
• Create alerts from your own pre-defined and customized
alert templates for rapid alert publication
• Microsoft 2000 Server (all editions), Microsoft 2003
• Flash, Video, Sound as easy as pasting html.
Server, Microsoft XP Professional, Microsoft Window
• Staggering content delivery rates upwards of 100%.
Vista Ultimate Edition
• Microsoft SQL Server 2000 or 2005 (can be on the same
server as web site or separate server)
OEM Distribution and Licensing • 1 GB Ram
• 100 GB Hard Drive
• Leading providers of notification systems such as SAP • 2.8 GB Processor or >
now OEM Desktop Alerts Mass Notification System
• Desktop Alerts is recognized as a industry leader for alert Sample Basic Server
and mass notification software platforms • Intel Pentium 2.8 Ghz
• Desktop Alerts architecture provides rapid integration • 1 GB DDR SDRAM
with 3rd party content management systems, CRM • 80 GB IDE + 40 GB Backup Drive
systems, alert systems and other business continuity • 1 IP Address
applications capable of exchanging data using web • 100 GB Bandwidth
• Desktop Alert does not necessitate the usage of the
Desktop Alert desktop client application.
• Desktop Alert shares data over http/https connections
using Soap/Xml via web services and custom triggers
• Rapid creation of custom web services for your back-end
• 100% private label/branding
• 100% autonomous use and management of the platform
About Desktop Alert, Inc.
behind YOUR firewall
• Desktop Alerts comprehensive platforms enable OEM, ODM The Desktop Alert Emergency Mass Notification System
and consumer electronics manufacturers to add utilizes quot;Actionable Intelligence.quot; The ability to in-place
notification alerts to products in a cost-effective manner intelligent methods, functions and triggers that interact
with fast time to market. with and bring crucial data to and from end-users based
• Whether your products and services are for retail, VAR or on end-user and/or management's predefined business
OEM customers our sales approach ensures that we rules and settings. Desktop Alert enables and provides all
achieve optimal results for profitable long term of the parts needed to execute controlled information
relationships. management and content distribution.