1. Extreme CRM Makeover Prepared for the CRMA Netherlands by Dr Graham Hill, design thinkers.nl Ede, 9 September
2. Is CRM still Working?
3. CRM is dead! Long live CRM
4. CRM Works! 50,000 experiments
5. CRM Really Works £350m given back
6. But... CRM has Problems
7. And they are Getting Worse!
9. Seven days to an Extreme CRM Makeover
10. Be Creative !
11. Day1 What do Customers Really Value?
12. Quote… “Customer’s perceived preference for and evaluation of those product attributes, attribute performance, and consequences arising from use that facilitate achieving the customer’s goals and purposes in use situations ” … Unquote Robert Woodruff
13. Mission Possible Day 1 Go talk to customers, ex-customers and non-customers
14. VOC is Not Enough
15. ‘ Genchi Genbutsu’ Go See for Yourself
16. Quote… “ People don't want to buy a quarter-inch drill. They want a quarter-inch hole! ” … Unquote Ted Levitt
17. JOB … Make a 6mm hole in a plaster wall e.g. to hang-up a towel We ‘Hire’ Tools to do Jobs
18. Tools Change, Jobs Don’t 1935 33 RPM LP Record 1970 Tape 1990 CD-ROM 2008 iPod Gold Edition 1880 78 RPM Record Job: Listen to recorded music at home
19. What’s the Customer’s Job? 10m
20. The cutting edge of Innovation
21. A brave new world of Applications
22. Day 2 How do Customers Consume Value?
23. One Touchpoint at a time
24. Mission Possible Day 2 Map out the customer’s journey from start to finish
25. Customer Journey
26. Contextual Mapping
27. Customer Personas
28. Fly the Friendly Skys
29. Improving the Experience
30. Improving the Experience
31. Day 3 How is Value Co-Created with Others?
32. Value is always Co-Created
33. Co-creation is a Balancing Act
34. Mission Possible Day 3 Map out the value co-creation drivers
35. What do you Bring to the Party?
36. Mass Customisation
37. Crowdsource Innovation 20m
38. Power By the Hour
39. Day 4 What Capabilities do You Need to Co-Create Value
40. Pull all the Right Levers
41. Mission Possible Day 4 Audit your co-creation capabilities
42. Capabilities Everywhere Rich customer & product data collection Common customer & product database Customer & product insight generation Customer & product insight sharing Customer contact rules Common company values Partner integration Common performance measures Contact optimisation Integrated marketing activities Lead sharing & management Information sharing Shared service standards Performance rewards & incentives Segmentation of customers Householding of customers Use of analytics and modelling Value-based customer management Strategic campaign management Integrated lead management Channel integration Offer configuration & pricing Right channelling Customer-focussed service Information fulfilment Providing a consistent experience Leading Optimising Practicing Developing Aware No Capability Managing Customers by their Value Aligning Marketing Strategy with Value & Needs Managing the Customer Experience Collaborating Across the Company Managing Customer Information as a Strategic Asset Managing Relationships with Retailers Current Level 3Yr Target Level Priority improvement opportunities 100 Day Target 1 Yr Target Level
43. Improving the Airport Experience
44. Making CRM Lean
45. Managing for Value
46. Day 5 The Art of Collaboration
47. Work is a Team Game
48. Mission Possible Day 5 Survey staff internal social networks
49. How work is Really Done
50. Networked Innovation
51. Creating Socialtext
52. Diving internal Social Networks
53. Day 6 Engage with Customer Communities
54. Customers are Talking
56. Mission Possible Day 6 Listen to what customers are saying about you… And engage
57. Customer Communities
58. Call the Buschtaxi(.de)
59. ‘ Lurking’ for Starwood
60. Enable Customer Networks
61. Does Comcast Really Care?
62. Day 7 Customer Development… One Step at a Time
63. Learning by Doing Learning by Doing
64. Mission Possible Day 7 Create an A3 for your ‘Customer Development’
65. Fifty A4 pages… into One A3 Page
66. Managing Repurchase
67. € 1M Campaign on one A3 page
68. Portfolio of Options Get Started Degree of Development Phase 1 Time Phase 2 Phase 3 Phase 4 Analytics Datamart Customer Analytics Core Processes Campaign Design Consolidate Benefits Daily Business Standardised IT Process Kaizen Standard Campaign Daily Business Business Kaizen Expand & Extend Pilot Retailers Business Case Deliver Early Benefits Mktg Datamart Automated Data Predictive Models Activity Kaizen Piloting Campaign Value created in this phase must pay for itself AND the next phase All Retailers Business Case
69. Building a Disruptive CMS
70. It’s NOT Rocket Science!
71. It’s NOT the Sizzle It’s the Steak
72. It’s NOT Monopoly Money
73. Are YOU Ready… For an Extreme CRM Makeover?
74. Thank You Dr. Graham Hill [email_address] + 49 170 487 6192 www.linkedin.com/in/grahamhill www.customerthink.com/gurublog/graham_hill www.twitter.com/grahamhill