1. Instructional Design & Instructional Tools: An Online & Hybrid Course Perspective By Julia Parra aka @desertjul
2. Instructional Design: Key Concepts• Quality Matters Rubric • Learner Assessment or other standards of • Course/Instructor choice Evaluation• Syllabus/Schedule • Americans w/• Getting Started Disabilities Act• Learning Community • Usability• Emerging Technologies • Copyright
3. Instructional Tools• Learning Management Tools• WebconferencingTools• Web 2.0, Social Media, and Emerging Technologies
4. Learning Management Systems (LMS aka CMS, LCMS)• Blackboard 9.1 • EDU 2.0 https://www.coursesites.com/ http://www.edu20.org/• Moodle • WizIQ http://moodle.org/ http://www.wiziq.com/• Instructure by Canvas • Schoology https://www.schoology.com/home.php – Article about Canvas http://www.cnbc.com/id/41376013 • Brain Honey – About Canvas http://brainhoney.com/ http://www.instructure.com/ – Canvas https://canvas.instructure.com/
5. Webconferencing• Virtual Classrooms • 1-1, Small Group – Adobe Connect Webconferencing – Elluminate – Skype – Centra – Google Chat – Wimba – iChat – Dim Dim – ooVoo – Etc.
6. Web 2.0, Social Media, and Emerging Technologies Julz Tools List http://bit.ly/julztools
7. Web 2.0, Social Media, and Emerging Technologies• Creation. Fave - Google Docs, &PBWorks• Image Editing. Fave – Image Chef, to view my remixes, create an account and go to http://www.imagechef.com/user/1355199/
8. Web 2.0, Social Media, and Emerging Technologies• Screencasting for course navigation videos and JIT tutorials. Fave tool – Screencastomatic
9. Web 2.0, Social Media, and Emerging Technologies• Instant Video Capture for instructor welcome, discussion feedback videos, and increasing instructor presence*. Current fave tool – YouTube*Instructor presence as part of teaching presence, see Communities of Inquiry site for more about presence.
10. Web 2.0, Social Media, and Emerging Technologies• Animation for fun, engagement, and increasing instructor presence. Faves- Voki&Go Animate
11. Web 2.0, Social Media, and Emerging Technologies• Social Bookmarking for adding tagroll widgets. Faves – Delicious &Diigo (Doc students and researchers, you should know about CiteUlike)
12. Web 2.0, Social Media, and Emerging Technologies• Microbloggingfor communication, twitter widgets, and just because... Faves - Twitter&Yammer(if you go to Yammer, and add your NMSU email, you will be put in the NMSU Yammer. I have a couple of classes in there now.)