Be the first to like this
Selling an update to a client who is clinging to their ages-old Plone-site is only the first of many problems you face when it comes to updates. This talk is a collection of best-practices and lessons-learned during many migrations from "cosmetic designs-changes" that ended up in complete relaunches to "minor version upgrades" that ended up in large-scale coding-horrors. Audience-participation to trade tips and tricks is highly encouraged.
Topics covered include:
- Explaining reasons to upgrade to humans
- Why almost everything is a relaunch
- "What did you do to my pixel?" - Surviving design-upgrades
- Content-Migration: Tools, Tactics and Troubles
- When every feature becomes a bug
- What can break?
- What to migrate and what you might want to loose
- How to keep your own developments upgrade-safe(ish)
See a video of thetalk at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qx0JALp3lQ