1. Welcome to theChildren’s Room Of the Derry Public Library
2. Preschool storytimes• Mondays 10:00 a.m.• For ages 3-5• Share books, songs, puppets, rhymes• Early literacy and activities
3. Step into Music• Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m.• Ages 2 & 3 – Sept 18-Oct 23• Ages 4 & 5 – Oct 30-Dec 11• Music and dance• Songs, stories, games and movement
4. Infant Storytimes• Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m.• 20-30 minute lapsit storytime for infants birth to 12 months• Fingerplays, songs and simple baby sign language
5. Mother Goose on the Loose(new!)• Thursdays at 10:00 a.m.• For ages 12 to 36 months• Music, finger plays, props and movement
6. Bedtime Stories• Tuesday nights at 6:30 p.m.• For ages 2-5• Stories, rhymes and fun!• Pajamas, blankets and stuffed animals welcome
7. After School ActivitiesThursdays at 3:30 p.m.CHESS CLUBThurs, Nov 1 at 3:30 p.m.Learn how to play chess! Special guest Dan Kilgour will leadthe group.For grades 3-5TURKEY GOBBLERSThurs, Nov 8 at 3:30 p.m.Make a gobbling turkey to take home!For ages 5-11
8. After School ActivitiesThursdays at 3:30 p.m.TURKEYS, PILGRIMS, AND INDIAN CORNThurs, Nov 15at 3:30 p.m.Make a beaded Indian corn decoration for your FallcelebrationFor ages 5-11TRAVEL BACK IN TIME WITH LAURA INGALLS WILDERThurs, Nov 29 at 3:30 p.m.Make butter from cream the old-fashioned way!
9. Check out our book clubs! The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien Tuesday, Nov 13 at 3:30 p.m. For grades 4-5 Fudge-A-Mania by Judy Blume Tuesday, Nov 27 at 3:30 p.m. For Grades 2-3 Register and pick up your copy of the book – call us at 432-6140
10. SaturdayStorytimes at 1:30 p.m.
11. Bow Wow Dog Lovers• Saturday, Nov 3 at 1:30 p.m.• Calling all dog lovers! Bring a picture of your favorite dog to show off, make a dog puppet, listen to a story• For ages 6-9Ghost Wings• Saturday, Nov 10 at 1:30 p.m.• Learn about the journey of the Monarch Butterfly• For ages 5-9
12. Something From Nothing• Saturday, Nov 17 at 1:30 p.m.• Songs and crafts based on the classic Jewish folktale about worn out clothes that never seem to go away• For ages 4-11 A Long Winter’s Nap• Saturday, Nov 24 at 1:30 p.m.• Listen to stories of bears and other forest creatures as they settle down for a “long winter’s nap”• Wear your favorite PJs and bring your favorite teddy bear!
13. See you at the Children’s Room in November!