Group Collaboration Tools
What we need and expect :
The tools that have more different “collaborative” features like file sharing, instant
messaging , also can do visual or video conference.
The tools that are easy and broadly to use.
The tools that can be accessible, no charge.
ActiveCollab( Project Management)
Skype( Instant Messaging)
Tiny Chat( Video Conference)
Dropbox( File Sharing)
Google Doc( Document Sharing
Criteria, Concerns, and Market
Inexpensive, usually free
thru video conferencing,
text message, etc.
notifications tools are
Share file anywhere,
Share different kinds of
documents, such as
You can easily access to Dropbox by using iPhone,
Blackberry, iPad and Android devices.
• Picture and video sharing
You can transfer picture and videos to your Dropbox
account and share them with your group members
• Keep your file safe and secure
You can just drag any file to your Dropbox and Dropbox
will automatically back it up in its server so you will be
able to access to you files no matter what happens to your
• Share files with non Dropbox users
You can share files to non Dropbox users by putting them
in public folder of your Dropbox. Then, simply right click
and copy the public link to the specific file.
• Difficulty finding files location.
It could be difficult sometime to find files location because no specific
tabs are available.
• Free version could only be used up to 2GB of storage
You can unlimited use free version but you can only use up to 2GB of
storage. If you want to add more GB you have to pay monthly or
• Everything you put in your Dropbox will be residing and occupying
space in your hard drive
You can not use it to archive files if you want to free up some space in
• Inability to Collaborate on files.
The files that you have uploaded are the only files that could be
1. Document Sharing function instead of printing or writing things down ; do not need to
download or installed any software.
2. making changes and reviews by any group member instantly.
3. Quickly access to files in cloud anywhere around the world.
1.Need to be online to access; rely on Internet totally.
2. limited feature compared with MS software( Word & Excel)
3. Unsecure and there is no offline copy on your computer.
● Able to simultaneously video
chat with 12 people at once
● Very user friendly and easy
to set up disposable
● No limit to outside viewers
and participants in text chat
● Service does not provide in-
client file sharing
● Must have fast and reliable
internet connection to
● Anonymous viewers may
pose risk to online safety
Almost ubiquitous and is very easy to start
Does not take a long time to start
User interface is very easy to use
Does not have good audio/ visual
integration with large meeting rooms
Multi-Party audio is not very clear and is a
Skype does not run on a secure server
Automatically reuses proxy credentials
useful for any team management project
Has quite different and more features for business
Open Source, Extensible, Fully Customizable
High Cost-not suitable for students
Needs some time to learn and get used to
Not a convenient tool to use
Easy to learn
wecan access the database wherever we have an
Has a few more "collaborative" features such as file
sharing. We can edit the file online right away instead
of downloading the file to our computers.
itcansaveourtimeandGoogle Docs imports and exports
most file types