Happy new yr and welcome to our new families 7 22-2013
Happy New School Year, Welcome to our New Families!
Rossview Middle School PTO Board and School Information
“Hawk Parents + Teachers = SUCCESS!” We are a Fun and Family Friendly School.
1. Principal- Christina Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Vice Principal- Rosalyn Williams, Rosalyn.email@example.com
3. Vice Principal- Jimmy Crawford, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. PTO President- Chris & Sarah Lancia, Chris.email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
5. PTO Vice President- Rose Riggins, email@example.com
6. PTO Treasurer- Tina Young, firstname.lastname@example.org
7. PTO Secretary- Lisa Zirkle, email@example.com
8. PTO Public Relations coordinator- Holly Kueker, firstname.lastname@example.org
9. PTO Hospitality coordinator - Mary Ann Leath- co-chair, email@example.com , Cathy Robbins-co-chair,
10. PTO Membership Drive coordinator- Celia Pedigo, firstname.lastname@example.org
11. PTO Fundraiser coordinator- Akiko Rands, email@example.com
12. PTO Clubs Coordinator- Lisa Sims, firstname.lastname@example.org
13. PTO Volunteer coordinator-Deon Lucke, email@example.com
14. PTO Box Tops/ Campbell labels coordinator- Akiko Rands, firstname.lastname@example.org
15. PTO Coke Rewards Caps (not a board voting position)- Mary Hutchinson
16. PTO 6th
grade teacher liaison- Dawn Bagby, email@example.com (6th
) Rebecca Edwards,
firstname.lastname@example.org (7th), Dawn Sawyer, email@example.com (8th
) Elizabeth Krokosky aka
Elizabeth Struble, Elizabeth. Krokosky@cmcss.net (special education)
17. RMS Bookkeeper- Jennifer Johnson, Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org
18. SRO Officer- Officer Stephanie Price, Stephanie.email@example.com
19. Counselors: Tami Lightner-Tami.Lightner@cmcss.net (A-L) Kimberlee Moorer- Kimberlee.firstname.lastname@example.org, (M-Z)
20. CMCSS ROMS Parent Communications Representative – Deon Lucke
• RoMS PTO Email address: email@example.com
• RoMS Website: https://sites.google.com/site/rossviewmiddleschoolpto/
• RoMS PTO facebook: www.facebook.com/RossviewMiddleSchoolPTO for upcoming events,
club dates and more!
Rossview Middle School Phone # 931-920-6150. School Website: CMCSS.NET, click on Rossview Middle .
Rossview Middle School has several clubs and after school activities. Please visit CMCSS.NET for more details
or check your PTO Website and or PTO FACEBOOK for up to date information.
PTO Mission Statement-We are about men and women working together toward a common goal. That goal,
simply stated is creating a better school and a better educational experience for our children. We strive to
create an atmosphere where teachers, administrators, and support staff can do their best work - and so can
our children. We abide by the PTO Bylaws, State Charter, and fundraise to meet our Annual Budget Goals.
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” ― Nelson Mandela
Goals of RMS Faculty/staff -The main goals are improving student achievement, improving efficiency and
effectiveness, building leadership capacity, and engaging the public. I, as well as the entire PTO Board,
recognize that the amount of time and training the faculty is devoting to implementing Common Core
standards, increasing the use of rigor and relevance in all classrooms, meet or exceed Federal Adequate
Yearly Progress targets on student success, and adding enrichment programs will pay off in real terms for
the success of our students.
Goals of PTO - To build and improve communication within our school. Raise funds to meet PTO Annual
Budget Goals supporting school curriculum and enhancements. Some ideas/suggestions the PTO would like
to build and support are: Bullying programs, Drug awareness program, Family Nights, and Internet Safety
Night and improving communications via Facebook.
Current Fundraisers for PTO & school: PTO Does not do a fall or spring fundraiser. We need your help
Selling & purchasing spirit wear, Pom-Poms, Holiday Hawk Ornaments, become a PTO Member; Support the
school Spring and Fall fundraisers.
Spirit wear: will be ordered once a month, although some items will be available for sale at school events
such as Open House,Thursday August 22, 2013, Parent Teacher Conference, etc. However, we need a
minimum order of 36 to submit. Spirit Wear order forms are available on the PTO Website and are accepted
anytime until the end of the year or further decided. If in stock, it will be delivered to your child. If not, we
will order the spirit wear and you should receive it within 3 weeks.
PTO Membership for $5.00 –Please Join the PTO for a nominal fee of $5.00 per family. Forms are available
for download on the PTO Website and attached. Teachers/ faculty will receive a membership sign to post
outside their classroom door. Zaxby’s will provide a coupon for joining PTO. Our goal is 100% membership
with teachers, faculty and staff along with students.
Family spirit Nights: We would greatly appreciate your participation in Family spirit night’s at Cici’s Pizza on
Madison St.(The homeroom class with the highest sales receives a pizza party and Cici’s will provide 10% of
total sales to the PTO). Zaxbys will provide 15% of total sales to the PTO and Chipotle will provide 50% of
total sales to the PTO! Dates will be provided later on PTO FACEBOOK and PTO WEBSITE.
Target RED card-Take charge of Education (http://www.target.com/redcard/application) check it out to
receive 5% off your total purchases and select Rossview Middle School for take charge of education. We will
receive 1% of your total sales from Target!
We collect Box Tops for Education, Campbell Labels for Education, & Coke Rewards Caps.
Hospitality Events: We need your help for Back to school luncheon, Parent- Teacher Conference Nights
PTO provides dinner for staff, American Education Week and Teacher appreciation week; PTO provides a
breakfast, lunch and dessert day. TCAP celebration – PTO provided a soda, bag of popcorn and candy.
Forms attached: Volunteer form, PTO membership form. PTO Spirit Wear forms WILL BE AVAILABLE BY
OPEN HOUSE AND VIA FACEBOOK AND PTO WEBSITE.
We would greatly appreciate your returned PTO Volunteer Forms, so we may keep you up to date with
information and volunteer dates and times via email.
We are open to suggestions, comments and needs to bring to the board. Please feel free to contact me or
any of the board members at any time with ideas or suggestions for the PTO to review student, teacher, and
classroom needs that we may not be aware exists.
Thank you for all that you do! “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
Deon Lucke and Rose Riggins