Sta. clara de asis church tigaonPresentation Transcript
ARAMMAE D. MARTILLOS 203c
HISTORYIn the early years of 19th century,Camarines Sur was divided into fourdistricts by the Spaniards. Thisdivision include the districtsof Bikol, Rinconanda, Yraya andMambulao. The mission of Tigaon in the partof Mount Isarog belonged to the Bikoldistrict. The history of this town,according to written accounts, wasconsidered to be confusing as thereare conflicting records with regards toits establishment as a municipality.Although, in 1794, Tigaon gained herindependence and was appointed aparish priest in the person of Fray Josede Buensalida. Fray de Buensalidabrought into existence the recognitionof St. Claire of Assisi as the townspatroness, marking August 12 as herfeastday.Prominent families controlled the vasthaciendas in Tigaon. The mestizoclans of theGarchitorena andthe Estela owned these haciendas.