Santo Rosario Parish ChurchSanto Rosario Parish Church
By: Dean Julius T. GironBy: Dean Julius T. Giron
• Our Parish church is located at Pacita I,Our Parish church is located at Pacita I,
4023 San Pedro, Laguna.4023 San Pedro, Laguna.
• It’s at the center of our town, near theIt’s at the center of our town, near the
• In November 15, 1980, a deathIn November 15, 1980, a death
anniversary started the first unofficialanniversary started the first unofficial
mass at Pacita Which led to themass at Pacita Which led to the
construction of the Sto. Rosario Parishconstruction of the Sto. Rosario Parish
Church in Pacita.Church in Pacita.
• At 6:00 P.M. on Sunday, October 8, 1983,At 6:00 P.M. on Sunday, October 8, 1983,
Rev. Fr. Mario R.M. Castillo was installedRev. Fr. Mario R.M. Castillo was installed
as the first parish priest of Sto. Rosarioas the first parish priest of Sto. Rosario
Parish. He was to serve the parishParish. He was to serve the parish
officially until January 10, 1991.officially until January 10, 1991.
• This is the entry to our church. It looksThis is the entry to our church. It looks
simple but it gets better inside.simple but it gets better inside.
This is the view from the outside facing the altar. At the
left is a bell tower. It’s bells can reach a great distance.
The altar, as I remember, was donated by somebody in
our community when he/she won the lottery. That person
gave back to the church as a sign of thanks.
This is where the choir sings. On top of the entrance
where the priest starts to walk towards the altar.
This is a view from the side of the church. The church
is very spacious, and that painting on the far end side
of the church is the “Our Lady of Pacita”, the patron st.
of Sto. Rosario Parish.
This is the view from the back. The architectural
design of the altar is majestic.
This is a shrine the church ask prayers from. I am not
totally sure but I think this is st. Vincent Ferrer.
Secondary patron st. of Sto. Rosario.
This is the Our lady of the Holy Rosary of Pacita. This
image is a compilation of images of our church. Tiny
pictures compressed to make one image that defines the
community of Pacita.
This is the patron st. of labor if I can recall clearly. His
shrine is added for those who have hardship in their
work, that they may be guided and prayed for by this st.
• There are two main activities that strikesThere are two main activities that strikes
out upon reaching the parish.out upon reaching the parish.
– Bourne LegacyBourne Legacy - the church is having a fund- the church is having a fund
raising activity and what better way to raiseraising activity and what better way to raise
money than to show a movie featuring themoney than to show a movie featuring the
– Ginang PacitaGinang Pacita - to prepare for our upcoming- to prepare for our upcoming
fiesta, the church decided to feature thefiesta, the church decided to feature the
moms of our community in a beauty pageant.moms of our community in a beauty pageant.
This tarpaulin shows
the fund raising
Vision MissionVision Mission
– Sto. Rosario Parish continuously strives to respond to theSto. Rosario Parish continuously strives to respond to the
spiritual and basic needs of the community.spiritual and basic needs of the community.
– Under the guidance of our beloved patroness, Our Lady of theUnder the guidance of our beloved patroness, Our Lady of the
Holy Rosary of Pacita with the inspiration of the Holy Spirit,Holy Rosary of Pacita with the inspiration of the Holy Spirit,
together we will serve and lead the faithful to the right path totogether we will serve and lead the faithful to the right path to
reach the fullness of life in accordance with the will of God.reach the fullness of life in accordance with the will of God.
The PriestThe Priest
• Reverent Father Mario RiveraReverent Father Mario Rivera