Be the first to like this
State of Texas Agencies must provide a high level of service, respond to an evolving security landscape and maintain compliance with changing laws and regulations. The urgency of these needs often outweighs the immediate importance of maintaining modern application environments. As a result, agencies often run a variety of applications on insecure and unsupported legacy platforms.
Over time, applications become difficult to support and contain a larger number of security flaws. Knowledge of each system also diminishes, making ongoing maintenance more challenging.
Migrating to more modern, secure and sustainable application platforms
This Denim Group-sponsored session, led by Principal and application security expert Dan Cornell, will focus on the following:
• Decision-making to determine which Agency applications need remediation or should be considered for "end of life"
• A risk-based approach to prioritizing applications for updates, remediation and modernization
• Strategies for deploying and maintaining a secure application portfolio in the State of Texas Datacenters
The session is for IT executives, including IRM's, ISO's, Directors of Application Development, and other State IT executives, who would like to take concrete steps toward a comprehensive application portfolio management process.
• Learn the strategies needed to modernize mission critical applications in a secure fashion.
• Get an overview into existing technologies, best practices and competing approaches that will enable you to modernize your most important applications for transition to State of Texas Datacenters.