1. Transform a “Like”into a AdvocateDeirdre WalshSr. Social Media Manager#jiveon
2. Have always been a geek.PR, Public Affairs, Community Management, Social Media for Tech Companies
3. Eat Our Own Dog FoodSocial Team at Jive Software • Employee Community • External Communities – Customers, Prospects, Partners, Developers, Press • Social Media – Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, Google+
9. Business ChallengeDrive Trials of New Software Product
10. 7 Steps to become a Social Office HeroDeﬁne Integrate Listen Engage Build Activate Analyze Set clear Connect to Monitor Add value to Grow Reward and Track andgoals that internal and the social successful amplify key reportalign with structure, respond to streams channels evangelists impact overall process, actionable that you acrossbusiness plans. convos manage. businessobjectives
11. 1. DefineSet clear goals that align withoverall business objectives
12. Define: Campaign GoalsEnsure social goals align with business goals• Increase awareness• Reposition corporate brand• Drive leads and software trials• Foster loyalty and advocacyEach with measurable targets
13. Define: Target AudienceTalkers – Flip the Funnel Talkers • Fans, bloggers, influencers, employees, customers • Anyone who will talk about Jive, our products or assets Prospects • Ambitious, driven • Fortune 1000 company, + Top 50 prospects • Directly / indirectly manage highly collaborative teams in customer support, marketing, services, IT and/or sales.
14. Define: Target Audience GoalsDon’t forget – both sides need to benefit By participating, customers, influencers, & prospects get: • latest news and info • insider views into Jive • proficient via best practice sharing • connected to like-minded people • voice heard inside and outside Jive • recognized for great work, promoted as thought-leaders
15. Define: Role of Each Social PlatformChannel differentiation is key to building a social ecosystem Channel Function Facebook Social hub where Jive curates the best-in-social from across the web and reinforces industry expertise Twitter Provides of-the-moment industry and product news; where Jive engages influencers Youtube Videos highlight customers and reinforce industry expertise LinkedIn Reserved for more in-depth, strategic conversations Instagram Infuse personality into brand Google + Forum for technical conversation Corporate Blog Provides resources to equip mid-level managers
16. 2. IntegrateDon’t be an island. Connect tointernal structure, process, plans.
17. Integrate: Internal TeamsSocial DNA Mtg• virtual social media team with contacts in key departments Support• formalize employee social media guidelines Sales• social media trainings• empowered and rewarded R&D participation Corp.
18. Integrate all social strategiesIntegrate promoted, earned, and owned social channels todrive activity, reach, and engagement Social Media Users Social Impressions Engagement Fan/Follower Acquisition Acquisition + Engagement = Leads Action JIVE LEADS
19. Integrate social throughout customer journeyAwareness Engage Try Buy Use Loyal• Social • Social • Online • Customer • Adoption kit • Webcasts advertising marketing – community references • Jive Talks • Champions• Influencer earned and support and • Case studies best practices • Rewards and relationship- owned engagement reputation building • Social sharing • Gamification• Syndication in trial and curation
20. 3. ListenMonitor and respond to actionableconversation
21. Social Media Management• more than just mass media news sharing• it’s about building valuable relationships• analyze social to gain insight about company, products• also helps monitor competition, get leads, provide support• FTC guidelines requires socially-active companies truthful policies and training monitor the conversation and correct mistakes
22. Monitoring Partner RelationshipsSocial Prospecting Customer RelationshipsCustomer Service
23. 4. EngageAdd value to the social streams
24. Social Content CalendarEnsures value-added content creation & syndication – not more noise
25. Integrated Social Media Marketing Approach
26. Social Publishing Live Tweeting from EventsContent Creation & Syndication Encourage ConversationCall to Action: Try Jive
27. CurationEngage with Influencers • 50% of Jive social content comes from other sources • Create conversations with influencers and “talkers”
35. 7. AnalyzeTrack and report impact acrossbusiness
36. Nearly 66% of interactive marketers are NOT currently measuring their social marketing initiatives
37. Analyze: Key Earned Social Media Metrics
38. Results - ReachEarned
39. Results - ReachEarned
40. Results - EngagementEarned
41. When campaign kicked off, only 5.9% of the Jive Software Facebook community was engaged. Today, we are at 45% This is great for B2B!
42. Promoted ResultsPaid Social Media – Two WeeksFans and Follower Acquisition • 801 new Twitter followers directly attributed to promoted content • More than 2,000 new Facebook fans attributed directly to ads and sponsored stories • Engagement increased as “base” was built throughout the program.• Most B2B on Twitter run in the 1-2%, we are at 6%.
43. Owned ResultsJive Talks “thought-leadership” and actionable recommendations perform bestTop 10 Roles of an Internal Community Manager got 30X traffic of any other post
44. Analyze: Key Business MetricsDrove trials and had higher sales conversions than othermarketing channels
45. Top 4 Lessons Learned1. Increasing reach and engagement raises lead potential2. Publishing rich content that fans/followers share along with paid content promoting the trial provided a consistent level of engagement which give credibility to the brand and product3. Prompting fans to take action and provide feedback, not only drove Sign Ups, but also created word-of-mouth engagement that helped expand the reach of content4. There is a social funnel: • Reach leads to Potential Impressions • Potential Impressions lead to Real Impressions • Real Impressions lead to Fan/Follower Acquisition • Acquisitions lead to Conversions
46. 7 Steps to become a Social Office HeroDeﬁne Integrate Listen Engage Build Activate Analyze Set clear Connect to Monitor Add value to Grow Reward and Track andgoals that internal and the social successful amplify key reportalign with structure, respond to streams channels evangelists impact overall process, actionable that you acrossbusiness plans. convos manage. businessobjectives