1. The associate’s degree in business is just one of the manytypes of business degrees that are available today. Since thereare plenty of choices, it can be hard to pick the right careerpath.Some of the questions that you must ask yourself may includethe following:· Do you prefer a particular major (e.g. accounting) or generalbusiness?· Do you want to take your chances with unconventionalcareers in business?· Do you prefer to get employed in tested fields such ashuman resource?
2. Your answers to these questions can guide youin making an informed decision. For anundergraduate level, you have two options –taking up an associate’s degree and a bachelor’sdegree. The latter is a 4-year program, and if youwant to get employed soon, it is better to stickwith the associate’s degree. An associate’sdegree in business will only take about two yearsto finish if you study fulltime.
3. With this type of degree inbusiness, you will learnonly the basic skills andknowledge required inentry-level positions likesales rep, bookkeeper,customer care executive,and administrativeassistants. Even with theassociate’s degree inbusiness, you can alsochoose a major or an areawhere you want tospecialize
4. Some of the popular areas are the following:1. Business administration – if you want toassume leadership or management roles, this areacan provide you with the solid foundationrequired in various disciplines2. Accounting – for jobs that require accountingroles, you must specialize in this area especially ifyou plan to work with internal auditors,government accountants, and managementaccountants3. Entrepreneurship – do you want to own abusiness? If you do, then you should specialize inthis major so you can be familiar with the differentfacets of management
5. 4. Human resources – if you want to work in anHR department, you should focus on thisparticular area; you will be taught the basics oftraining, staffing, compensation/benefits, talentretention, organization policies, and many others.5. Finance – this is the most rewardingspecialization because work opportunities aregenerally with insurance and banking institutions
6. The pay scale can vary greatly depending onyour experience, location, and education. Incomparison to other careers, the graduates ofassociate’s degree in business can earn a highsalary.
7. The business market is highly competitive,and if you want to belong to the cream of thecrop, you should pursue higher education.Even if you can’t take up a bachelor’s today,this doesn’t mean that you can’t go forassociate’s degree in business. Besides, if youare able to finish an associate’s degree, yourcoursework will be credited. You can proceedwith the bachelor’s degree and can finish it intwo more years.
8. Determine your interests and passion. The onlyway to be successful in your chosen career is todo something that you love. Oftentimes,choosing an area of specialization will allow youto land a job quickly. Know the options anddetermine the business professions that are in-demand today and the coming years.More to read at : Associate’s Degree inBusiness