Its the technological advancement in the field of one of the automobile accessories i.e. Head Light. By this system we can rotate the headlights of automobile vehicle on curved roads so that driver can easily see the curved road..:)
Steering Operated Vehicle Illumination(Head Lighting) System
STEERING OPERATED ADAPTIVE
Presented By :
B.Tech Final Year Students
GOVT. ENGINEERING COLLEGE,
• The highest fatal traffic accident rate occurs on
curved roads at nighttime due to the late recognition
of objects in the traffic zone.
• The static headlamp just provides certain illuminating
fields for drivers in the nighttime and is insufficient to
serve on curved roads
• In order to provide enhanced nighttime safety
measures this work aims to design and build a
prototype of steerable headlights by adapting a
conventional static headlamp.
• To design and build an Adaptive Front
Lightening System prototype that will modify an
existing fixed headlamp with a very close eye on
cost and reliability.
• To improve adequate visibility at the curved
• To improve driver’s comfort at night time.
• Change the vehicle’s condition static to dynamic.
• To increase road and pedestrian safety.
• Steering system is used to convert rotary movement of
steering wheel into angular turn of the front wheels.
• As the steering shaft rotates(taking corners), it will turn
the axle of potentiometer & therefore vary the voltage
• Due to rotation of the shaft of potentiometer it supplies
variable voltage to microcontroller.
Voltage output from
Read value from the
Manipulate value into pulse
Output to the servomotor
• It is a type of motor which
rotates in both the clockwise
• It consists of 3 wires: red,
black, and blue. The red and
black are the positive and
negative power supplies,
whereas the blue is for
• Headlamps are mounted
• The casing of headlamps is
made light in weight as
much possible (such as
Aluminum metal) to rotate
• Better visibility and identification of obstacles
on curved path
• Improved Comfort
• Ease of handling
• Components are available easily in market
• In future we can add more functions to an
adaptive front light system such as to increase
the intensity of light of front headlamps in
rain, fog etc..
• Functions can be made rather simple but still
effective in there basic version and will
probably easy to sell because they are not very
well covered by the traditional vehicle
• Economical and Technical Limitations
• Designing limitation such as space provided to
rotate the Headlamps
• International differences in regulations on
what the designer could and couldn’t do
• Can’t tell about customer reviews
• Lack of innovation
• SAE Technical Paper Series No. 970650, Society
of Automotive Engineers, 1997.
• Dr. Kirpal Singh, Automobile Engineering vol. 1.
• Elliot, rod, Beginners Guide to Potentiometer.
• SAE Technical Paper Series No. 932868.
• International Conference on Computer and
Communication Engineering (ICCCE 2010)