Coca Cola – IMC Report
Submitted by :Deepen Upadhyaya,
Sec - A, Roll No – 15
Sem – I
The Coca-Cola Company traces it’s beginning
to 1886, when an Atlanta pharmacist, Dr. John
Pemberton, began to produce Coca-Cola syrup
for sale in fountain drinks. However the
bottling business began in 1899 when two
Chattanooga businessmen, Benjamin F.
Thomas and Joseph B. Whitehead, secured the
exclusive rights to bottle and sell Coca-Cola for
most of the United States from The Coca-Cola
The Coca-Cola formula and brand was bought in
1889 by Asa Griggs Candler (December 30, 1851 March 12, 1929), who incorporated The Coca-Cola
Company in 1892. Besides its namesake CocaCola beverage, Coca-Cola currently offers more
than 500 brands in over 200 countries or territories
and serves over 1.7 billion servings each day.
The company operates a franchised distribution
system dating from 1889 where The Coca-Cola
Company only produces syrup concentrate which is
then sold to various bottlers throughout the world
who hold an exclusive territory. The Coca-Cola
Company owns its anchor bottler in North America,
Soft Drink (Cola)
The Coca- Cola Company
John S. Pemberton
Country of Origin
Over 200 countries
Cola, Cola Green Tea, Cola Lemon, Cola
Lemon Lime, Cola Lime, Cola Orange and
Servings per Day
•A leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of non-alcoholic beverage concentrates & syrups
•The company owns or licenses more than 500 brands in 200 country.
•The company is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia
• People: Be a great place to work where people are inspired to be the
best they can be.
• Portfolio: Bring to the world a portfolio of quality beverage brands that
anticipate and satisfy people's desires and needs.
• Partners: Nurture a winning network of customers and suppliers,
together we create mutual, enduring value.
• Planet: Be a responsible citizen that makes a difference by helping build
and support sustainable communities.
• Profit: Maximize long-term return to shareowners while being mindful of
our overall responsibilities
• Productivity: Be a highly effective, lean and fast-moving organization.
• To refresh the world in body, mind and spirit
• To inspire moments of optimism through our brands and our actions
• To create value and make a difference everywhere we engage.
Leadership: The courage to shape a better future
Collaboration: Leverage collective genius
Integrity: Be real
Accountability: If it is to be, it's up to me
Passion: Committed in heart and mind
Diversity: As inclusive as our brands
Quality: What we do, we do well
•Increase in demand
for bottled water
•Low profits in strong
•Decline in cash flow
•Supply is restricted
•Slowdown in rural
•Negative health effect
• Direct Competition :
• Pepsi – As Pepsi is one of the chief Non Alcoholic beverage selling CO. in
• Rasna – Apart from non Alcoholic beverage there are flavored syrup easy to
mix at home.
• Tang – Fruit Punch and juice from natural fruits for people who are more
conscious about eating and drinking habits for health.
• Amul – Amul along with its Ice cream is also into sales of Amul Kool flavored
Milk which as a drinking refreshment is a threat to Coca cola especially in
sectors where children’s health are a priority by parents.
• Frooti – It has equal monopoly in refreshment market in fruit juice and
flavored drinking ranges
• Soda Fountains – Availability of various soda shops selling cheap cold drinks.
• The target audience are also varying from product of use. i.e. Diet coke
for health conscious people, Big bottles for family, coke mobile for
• Coke’s commercials basically based on young generations, so, the young
generation is the target market of Coke because they want to represent
Coke with the youth and energy but they also consider about the old
people they take then as a co-target market.
• The target market for Coca cola is very wide as it satisfies the needs for
many different consumers, ranging from the healthy diet consciousness
through Diet Coke to the average human through its best selling drink
regular Coke. Most Coke products satisfy all age groups as it is proven
that most people of different age groups consume the Coca Cola product.
This market is relatively large and is open to both genders, thereby
allowing greater product diversification.
• Coca-Cola advertising has historically focused on wholesomeness and nostalgia for
childhood. Coca-Cola advertising is often characterized as "family-friendly", and often
relies on "cute" characters (e.g. the Coca-Cola polar bear mascot and Santa Claus
• One example of a heated exchange that occurred during the Cola Wars was Coca-Cola
making a strategic retreat on July 11, 1985, by announcing its plans to bring back the
original 'Classic' Coke after recently introducing New Coke.
• Notable promoters of Coca-Cola have included Bill Cosby, Whitney Houston, Paula
Abdul, Weird Al Yankovic, George Michael, Christina Aguilera, Max Headroom, Elton
John, Aamir Khan, Imran Khan, Hritik Roshan and Sachin Tendulkar.
Sponsorship by Coke
Among our most well known sponsorships are American Idol, Apple iTunes, BET
Network, NASCAR, NBA, NCAA, and the Olympic Games.
American Idol: Coca-Cola has been an official sponsor for all ten seasons of American
Idol®, the number one-rated television phenomenon now airing Wednesdays and
Thursdays on FOX...
BET Network: Coca-Cola partnered with one of Black Entertainment Television's (BET)
most popular properties -- 106 Park -- to bring the program to life...
NASCAR: Coca-Cola has been involved with stock car racing for more than 50 years
and has been the official sparkling beverage of NASCAR since 1998. Its long-term
partnership with NASCAR runs through the 2017 season...
NCAA: Coca-Cola is an Official NCAA Corporate Champion, the Official Fan
Refreshment of the NCAA and partner with the NCAA in a 13-year association...
Olympic Games: The Coca-Cola Company is proud to be the longest continuous
corporate partner of the Olympic Games...
Tie Ups for Food & TV
Coca Cola has been keeping tie ups in many well known hotel and restaurant chains
for its product availability like US – Pizza, Domino’s Pizza, Mario, Mc-Donalds
Apart from having tie up with food franchise it also has its vending machine, Coca cola
refrigerators , Can Machines, Railway stands sales.
Coca Cola is sponsors TV shows and TV Ads promotions for its ranges of drinks.
Coca Cola is also into sponsoring and promoting of various events as mentioned
Coca Cola and Partnership
Coca-Cola takes its corporate responsibilities seriously and works in
partnership with a number of organizations. These include:
The Bharatiya Agro Industries Foundation. (B.A.I.F)
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UNHABITAT)
SOS Children's Village of India
The Forum for Organized Resource Conservation & Enhancement (FORCE)
WWF, WRAP, The Carbon Trust, Special Olympics, Thames21, Street Games,
Save the Children
Minute Maid Juices
Kinley Drinking Water
India and Its culture.
India’s one billion people, growing middle class, and low per capita consumption of soft
Ten percent of the India’s population lived in urban areas and drank ten bottles of soda
Coke launched a smaller bottle priced at almost 50% of the traditional package.
1993 Coca-Cola returned back to India.
By the end of 1993, a deal that gave Coca Cola, ownership of the nation’s top soft drink
brand and bottling network.
With the acquisition of major brands in India it went on to be known as The Hindustan
coca cola Beverages PVT LTD.
Entry in MCA of India
• Coca cola acquired most of the local Indian Brands including
Thumbs-Up, Limca, Maaza , Citra and Gold-Spot.
• As a result it ranked 42 in the Brand Equity Most Trusted
Brands listing, much lower than Thums Up’s 34th rank.
• Promoting Local drinks like Aam Panna, Jal-Jeera.
In 2000 & 2001 the company launched the Kinley water brand and
Shock energy drink respectively.
The company has 3 business regions , and operates out of 22
locations across India.
TOUCHING INDIAN HEARTS
“Life ho to aisi”
“Thanda Matlab Coca-Cola”
“Ha Me Crazy Hun”
“JO CHAHO HO JAYE, COCA COLA ENJOY!!!”
ABOVE ARE SOME TAG LINES WHICH COCA COLA USED TO
GRAB THE INDIAN MARKET AND TO ATTRACT PEOPLE
IRRESPECTIVE OF THEIR INCOME……
Coke & its Product Range
Caffeine free Coke
Coca Cola Black
Caffeine free Diet Coke
Diet Cherry Coke
Diet Coke with Lemon
Diet Vanilla Coke