The SOCIAL MEASSANGER is used to provide social platform for
chatting with friends.
The SOCIAL MEASSANGER being developed is to replace the current
applications being used .
The three scopes are global, course, and project.
The objective of the new application is to allow Users of different
domains to interact with each other.
Furthermore, the application will allow Users of the same group/team
and of the same domain to interact privately.
Technology and Language
code on an Apache platform.
2. The DBMS technology used is MySQL.
3. The web framework uses a MVC pattern using the
Smarty template to separate layout, business logic,and
4. All color, style and page layouts are coded in CSS
System Requirement Specification
RAM : 512 MB (minimum)
PROCESSOR : PENTIUM IV 2.6 GHz(or above)
MONITOR : YES(Any)
HARD DISK : 5GB
KEYBOARD : STANDARD 102 KEYS
OPERATING SYSTEM : WINDOWS XP OR ABOVE
FRONT END : HTML,CSS,Java Script
BACK END : MySql
BROWSER : Google Chrome,Firefox,Internet Explorer
•The purposed system is a system to send messages between two
clients accurately online.
•. The proposed system has three types of chat – global, per
course, and per project.
•Specifically, our system entails probe experiments that follow a
geometric distribution to improve the accuracy of the message
Modules of the Project
•User Interface Design
•Send to the destination Client
•Login authentication:-The user is to provide own username
and password for authentication purpose.
•Message sender(Client):-After login user(client) is to type
the message and send it to the server.
• Message Receiver(Server):-The message is received by the
server and redirected to the client at the receiving end.
•User Interface Design:-Containing the design of the user
•Send to the destination Client:-Finally the message is sent to
the client and displayed at the receiver’s system.
1. The application has three types of chat – global, per course, and per
2. The admin is able to access all chat rooms.
3. All Users are able to access the global chat room.
4. A User from a specific course can access only the specific course chat
5. A User from a specific group/team can access only the specific
group/team chat room.
6. Only the proper chat rooms are displayed upon login, according to a
specific User's permissions.
7. In the event of accidental exit of application, the session will be
restored with all messages when the user re-executes the application.
8. The chat page has main chat window, user
list, text-box for chat entry, a checkbox for
selection of the friend.
9. Showing of timestamp, and a send button.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.