1. Linux Installation●These slides have screenshots of actual Linuxinstalltion●Each screenshot is described in theaccompanying audio file●The slides and the audio are timed, so start theaudio and slide approximately at the same time● Enjoy the virtual Linux installation !!!
2. Linux Installation – dual boot●Fedora Core 4 Linux: Total 4 CDs●Maximum hard disk space needed : 7 GB●Average installtion size : 3GB●Typical installation time: 30 minutes●MS Windows to be installed first●Backup your valuable data before installtion● First boot device should be set to CD-ROM●Put the CD 1 in the drive and switch on themachine.
4. Creating Linux PartitionsWindows partitions as seen during install/dev/hda1 vfat/dev/hda2 vfat/dev/hda3 vfatWindows partitions after deleting E: drive/dev/hda1 vfat/dev/hda2 vfatFree Free spaceLinux / partition created using Free space/dev/hda1 vfat/dev/hda2 vfat/dev/hda3 ext3
5. Minimum RequirementsRoot and Swap partitions:• Root represented by / mount point• Swap is a file system type (no mount point required)Swap partion size:• 2.5 to 3 times the size of RAMEg:• 128 MB RAM – 400 MB Swap size• 256 MB RAM – 700 MB Swap size
6. Thank You• 2 copies of each installation CD• Note Down any problems• Keep MS Windows CDs also ready in case Linux installation deletes existing Windows System• Thank You